1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond Wharf's replaced JBL N38

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JoseLuisG, Jun 12, 2003.

1. JoseLuisG

JoseLuisG Auditioning

Hi to all, I have three questions to the forum:

I'm in the process of building my HT. This forum had helped a lot. I decided to sell my JBL N38 and replace them with the Diamond Series Wharfedale speakers:
    8.3's (Front) $249
    Diamond Center (Center) $149
    Diamond 7.2 Anniversary (Rear) $100
    Wharfedale WH2 Surround SP (Back) $ 60

Q1
    What SW do you recommend? I hear good things about Cerwin Vega LW-12 and it is probably more in tune with the total amount of money I have spent in all system ($560 in all speakers). I also read that HSU VTF-2 is a good one but the cost is almost double the CW. Opinions?

Q2
    I like to hear music more than HT. Many audiophiles suggested Wharfedale, but I also had read many good things about JBL N38 series. Did I made a good decision???

Q3
    I also have a pair of JBL 1X Monitor Speakers. As you can see, I got a good price with the Wharfedale WH2 that I can't resist. What could be a better option for rear speakers in the 7.1 setup, WH-2 or JBL 1X???

My receiver is a HK-525.

I'm in the process to decide about the player. I will ask in other thread.

Thanks and regards

Jw

2. Mike_Gr

Mike_Gr Stunt Coordinator

Q1 - Save up for the HSU VTF-2. Yes, its twice the $ and well worth it.

Q2 - I personally think you did...especially at the price you obtained them at.

Q3 - I would stick with the same series (Diamond)...but you could use bookshelf speakers as well.

3. lou spevack

lou spevack Auditioning

I recently installed the Diamond 8 Center and a pair of WH2s in the rear. I'm using DCM Time Windows up front with a Yamaha HTR-5460 Receiver.
    I'm still tuning the system but my first impressions are that I'm very happy with the center and not overly impressed with the WH2s. I kind of expected as much and I think some tuning will help. But at the price, I'll probably upgrade in a year or two. The design on the WH2s has a high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).
    I'm also looking for a SW and am considering the Sony SAWM40.