What's new

Diamond Series 55" (1 Viewer)

Brandon McB

Auditioning
I am finally going to "finish" (yeah right) my HT off by getting a WS tv. I have never worried about having "the best there is" but I always get the best that I can afford. With the tv, I'm going all out. I plan to get a Mitsubishi Diamond series 55". (I don't have room for anything bigger)

Before I commit, I have a question: if I stepped down to the Gold Plus series, would I notice the difference? I'm no videophile by any stretch of the imagination, and half the stuff some of you guys get into just goes way over my head. On the other hand I'm not alien to the ht world.

Also, I've been told by 2 different employees at 2 different electronics stores that the Diamond Series and the Medallion Series are the same tv with a different name. The difference being that the Diamond Series is only sold in the large retail chains. But from what I can tell, from the little that I could find about the Medallion, this is not the case. These stores of course did not carry the Diamond Series and both were out of the Medallions, waiting for the '05 models. I'm calling BS on this, but I don't know for sure. (I forgot to mention that the Medallion Series that is supposedly the same tv is about $1000 cheaper than the DS)

Last, once I do get my tv, is there a "break in" period for RPTVs? If so, how long should I hold off on getting it pro. calibrated?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Diamond and Medallion? It is my understanding that the Medallion and Platinum Plus was the same.

I know a couple of really happy gold series owners.

I pretty sure there are some feature differences from Diamond to Gold though in the Mitsu line. Only you can decide if those feature differences are important to you.

Break can be 200 hours or so, before pro calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks