Diamond Head - Heston film has Major Dundee Trailer

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brent Avery, May 30, 2005.

1. Brent Avery

Brent Avery Supporting Actor

Feb 19, 2002
    Before watching this Panavision film starring Charlton Heston I decided to check out the trailers - which are not listed by title so it was great to see a 3 1/2 minute version that was also 2:35 and enhanced. Overall it was in good shape and only served to whet my appetite for it's coming release in August! I should add that the image for Diamond Head was pretty good - this on a 107" screen - minor issues here and there - some scenes were softer than others but very little in the way of scratches, dirt etc. Somewhat of a melodrama but I've always enjoyed watching Chuck and this was no exception. Audio appeared to be stereo and sounded clean and solid. A bit more than the releases from say Paramount and Fox but worth it for Heston fans I suppose.

I do not recall having seen the Dundee trailer on any of the other recent Columbia Tri Star releases - if so hopefully it will end up on others. Has anyone else come across it lately? I imagine they are priming us for its dvd debut. Having it under " Trailer "
    on the main menu probably guarantees a few won't bother to look - I'm glad I did.
  2. Greg Krewet

Greg Krewet Stunt Coordinator

Dec 30, 1999
    I remember the original release date of Dundee was May 31
    which would make it an ideal cross promotion between the 2
    Heston movies. I also can't wait to buy Dundee and will netflix Diamond Head. Thanks for the information.