What's new

3D Dial M for Murder 3D $9.44 on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think studios only started to use slipcovers to discourage shoplifting - I don't believe they were an "artistic decision".

Slipcovers make it more difficult for people to slice open the shrinkwrap and purloin the DVD from its case...

Exactly! I worked in retail at the time slipcovers for DVD became popular. They bought us a few extra seconds when it came to keeping a disc from being stolen, which made a big difference. That customers started to like them ended up being a happy accident.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I can never see the logic of slipcovers. If a disc set comes with one I keep it, but there seems to be no logic as to which do and don't. For instance, say there were 3 Iron Man movies, I might purchase all 3 Blu Rays and find that although all are new and in shrink wrap, only one and 3 have the covers.
As I said before I do keep them if the disc has one but I really don't know why. Is it:
"Oh joy, it came with a cardboard thingy that goes over the case and has exactly the same picture on the front and info on the back as I already have in the case and it also makes it harder to get the disc out!"

I think he wants the 3D lenticular cover.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think he wants the 3D lenticular cover.
This is just me, but I don't get his logic. I'm presuming he doesn't own the movie in 3D. How does not buying this version for $10 help him be a completist? If there's a version with and without, seems to me he has to have both.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks