What's new

Diablo Series (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for trying to help. I don’t know how to easily post my character build. I play on the Switch. In my battle.net account there’s no info about D3. The Diablo3 site I just found...I'm trying to log in. There's nothing I see about getting to my Diablo 3 character. But it tells me there's an error; maybe the site is just having problems right now?

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
OK, @DaveF so I went back and saw you started a barbarian. Here's what you can select for a fun and rewarding build 1-70:

And here's what to swap to when you hit level 70 and start adventure mode / season.

If you haven't made it to 70 in the campaign we can fix that fast in adventure mode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So this super slo-mo attack doesn’t sound familiar?

this is the closest I’ve found to it, except it’s used on me, there’s no graphical “bubble” and everything about my character‘s movement and attack and responses are slowed to like 10x normal time to act. If I press the dodge joystick enough times for it to register, the dodge seems to help knock off the slow effect.
“Slow Time | Diablo Wiki | Fandom”
Time Shell: movement speed reduction increases to 80%, and cooldown is reduced to 12 seconds.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
@DaveF
That's a player character ability that has limited use by boss monsters, not regular mobs. So no, you shouldn't be experiencing that regularly. Would you like me to come see where you are having issues? I promise not to steamroll your opponents =)

There are movement slowing puddles that you will encounter occasionally. Maybe more in some maps. But not a constant stream in your journey.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think I’m at the final boss battle with Diablo. After that, maybe I can go back to areas that had this showiness behavior to show you what’s happening.

This slowness behavior doesn’t keep me from finishing the campaign. But it discourages me to play past the campaign as it sucks fun out of the game. Maybe it’s a Switch bug?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes, I’m wearing Stone Gauntlets.

Swapped to secondary gauntlets. Seems to fix it, but will have to play more to see.

Thats just crazy pants. Game giving me gear that ruins the game.

Thanks for figuring that out! I obviousky never would have gotten there until I eventually got some better piece of gear, which are far and few between at level 47.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Aw saw it ain't so. You haven't even gotten to the 'real' game yet. Glad we figured it out, it's all up from here. Seriously, the whole idea with D3 is you cannot possibly learn it all by yourself. It's meant to be played socially with players feeding off each other's tips and learning secrets about the game.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I got to Malthael, the final Boss Battle, at level 60. Couldn’t beat him. Played three times, and got farther each time but kept dying. So now I’m grinding past areas to level up further and see if that’s what I need, along with better gear that comes with it. I’m up to 62 or 63. May try to get to 65 and then try Maltheal again.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Unlikely that levels alone will help. You need gear that synchronizes well together and have to dance around his effects. For someone like me who isn't very sprite-ly it's a challenging fight at any level.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yeah, I was learning some of the “dance”. My gear is kinda synchronized — I’ve had some goals I go for — but I’m not rigorous in its collection.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I did some grinding, got up to like 63, got some better gear for me and my Follower. Accidently re-entered Malthael's level (I didn't realize where I was in the dungeons I was grinding), and beat him this time. So, campaign finished.

I've started Adventure Mode to see what the Season Journey stuff is. I did a Nephalem Rift. I have some new currency and some green-background weapons that I don't understand yet. Level 66 now.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yeah. There's a "Green" weapons and a new trader / craftsperson I don't understand yet. I didn't play much last week. I might poke at it this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks