What's new

Diablo Series (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Launches midnight between Monday and Tuesday, here's everything ya need to know:

THIS showed up 5 days before the game launches, talk about torture:
http://thebestcamera.com/J2R

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I've been playing it a bit. It actually does play a lot like plays the video. I'd say that it has the same mechanics as Diablo II but with improved graphics. The soudtrack is again superb. The cut-scenes are good, but not as good as D2 (but the D2 scenes were so good they could have been their own short film). I'd say overall there's a litle less compulsive desire to just keep playing, a hour or two and I'm done for the night. (Okay, that sound bad, but gamers know what I mean!)
The biggest knock I have is that it requires you to be connected to the network. I've been dropped from the server a few times, and on my system it needs a reboot between plays.
Oh ,and I've only played the Barbarian.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Finished Act 1 in a group of four as the Wizard. Was tons of fun. Started playing act 2 solo and am getting my ass handed to me =) Back to playing kite style I guess...

oesat

Grip
Real Name
Mark Webber
Well, I was really happy about the release of Diablo 3.
Finally, after 10 years of running to BAL in LOD and some really tough Mods (Zy-El) I bought the 3 Title.
Unfortunately, the game does not fulfil my needs. The Gaming-Experience is totally different. Sure, it's still Hack'n'Slay...
I can't even describe it.
I tried the BETA and it was good. Why did they change so much?
And now... PayToWin...
The Drop-System still needs improvement.
Since I play D3 I did not find any Item which would be totally cool for the char I am currently playing.
And who knows If Blizzard just generates Items to earn even more money with D3?
At the moment I think I quit. Maybe some mate will buy my acc.

oesat

Grip
Real Name
Mark Webber
Currenty I am on Hell.
But it's really hard. As I said before, I can't find approiate Items which would upgrade my skills to play it.
Often I just stand around with other players which have armor worth 1000$.
When I hit an enemy the Lifeloss is at min, barely visible...
Anybody interested in a german Acc^^?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The patch just prior to Reaper Of Souls and that expansion itself have turned D3 around. Without an auction house (both real money and in game ones are gone) the game is now awesome. Highly recommended, come play! Add me as VCKadath#1546 I have a 65 Witch Doctor but plan on starting a Crusader soon!

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
I haven't tried the expansion yet, but I own Diablo 3 for both the PC and PS3. I have to say I enjoy it one my PS3 more. Being able to play with my wife on the same screen has be quite fun too. It reminds me of the good ole days of the first Diablo on the first playstation. My brothers and I use to play that for hours on end. We still LAN up on occasion and do a play through of Diablo 2 as well.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Season 10 ended today. First real season for me, I made it to Paragon 500 even, and did 6 of 8 season steps.

Necromancer launches next Friday and Season 11 starts end of July. I hope to complete the season next time!

Tips to get ready:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6j223y/returning_player_guide_for_season_11/

Fast non season levelling guide, if you have an established mid to high paragon toon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6j4g0e/tips_to_get_ready_for_necromancer_launch/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Diablo has "seasons"?

I played 1 or 2 on the PC. I've been interested in getting 3 on PS4, but never quite get around to it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yup, and they are more interesting than the base game. Nobody much plays base game, everyone is playing current season, tho we are between seasons for a month.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Currently stuck on the Avarice Conquest for step 7, anyone tried this?
First, you set up your toughest build, go to the Ruins of Corvus in Act V, run through the level exposing the map, and opening all the doors. Don't worry about dying. Just get all the doors open.

Get back to town, and set up your character thusly:

Max Paragon points into Gold Find.

Equip whatever Passive increases your movement speed when you hit an enemy, break something, use a fast travel ability, etc. For the Demon Hunter, these are Hot Pursuit, and Tactical Advantage.

Equip Goldwrap and Warzechian Armguards.

Socket Boon of the Hoarder in place of your least beneficial Legendary gem. For me, that's the Bane of the Stricken, because I'll be playing at T10, I'll be pretty much one-shotting everything, and I will encounter no bosses.

Socket a Flawless Royal Emerald in your helm.

Cube Goldskin and Avarice Band.

By this time, you should have 8 to 10,000% Gold Find.

Use the waypoint to go back to the Ruins of Corvus, press the Tab key to look at the map, and plan out in your mind the best route around that map that will leave you in no dead end corridors.

Then go to it. Stick to the walls, so that you will spawn as many Scarabs as possible, kill everything, and as you travel around, because of Avarice Band your Gold and Globe pickup radius will be 30 yards, and after a few seconds your toughness will be above 5 billion, which means you will be impervious to all damage, and you can simply concentrate on moving through the map, killing the monsters, and walking within 30 yards of the gold, which in those corridors is easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks