Dharman or PB1

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Arron H, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Since both retail at $599, is this a winner here or will these subs offer similar performance?

2. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

If they are the same(which i doubt) then the SVS wins out with AMAZING customer service/shipping asap...heck, if ya don't like the SVS , send it back..its worth a shot for 30 bucks isn't it? I went back and forth...glad I bought mine[​IMG] tom

3. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Thanks, Tommy. I am not worried about the service of either Adire or SVS. Both are great (I have worked with both companies). My question was and still is, are both products really about equal in terms of performance or does one have an advantage over the other? The Dharman is a beast and I am assuming that the PB1 is as well. Because they are at the same price point, it really would help to know where the PB1 stands verses the Dharman. Is there a winner here or is it a push? I would be inclined to go with a Dharman if it's a push as I wouldn't mind driving about to see Adire's new digs (I live close to Seattle).

4. Marc*F

Marc*F Stunt Coordinator

This is what I am considering also [​IMG]

I'm after the lowest bass extension possible....I'm thinking maybe the Dharman can do it just abit better down around the 20hz mark...although both great subs (thats why I can't decide)...but then again if its not really an audible difference I am leaning towards the SVS PB1-ISD [​IMG]

Anyone know any figures of output measured between these 2 subs at 20hz? What are the internal volumes of each of these subs?

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Marc,

The internal volume of the Dharman is as follows:

6. Marc*F

Marc*F Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know how much internal volume a PB1-ISD has and also the 25-31PCI?

7. Joel()Les

Joel()Les Agent

Marc, you could estimate the SVS PB1 volume from the specs on the website. As I recall they state they walls are 1" thick and you need an allowance of an inch or so for the down firing woofer.

Or you could e-mail them. [​IMG]