What's new

DGM update (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Here's a little update in the world of King Crimson and Discipline Global Mobile:
Ladies of the Road has finally been released. This is a 2-disc compilation of live performances from the second touring lineup of Boz Burell, Mel Collins, Ian Wallace, and Fripp. This is a great way to hear this band without getting into the Collector's Club or dealing with the really bad sonics of a the Earthbound album. Since these recordings were taken from Collector's Club archival recordings, the sound quality probably varies. Of the four Club releases, one sounds pretty bad, one is decent, and two are surprisingly good. The first disc includes Pictures of a City, Groon, and Get They Bearings. The second disc is a bunch of solos and jams strung together.
Even though I probably have all this music in the Club releases, the second disc, called "Schizoid Men," should be a real riot to hear.
King Crimson has often been accused of a capital offence in the annals of Prog Crime: the endless guitar solo. Who cares that prosecutors had not listened to the band? Schizoid Men is one approach to offering a plea of
guilty, on the basis of manipulated evidence long after the events.
Extended soloing by Mel Collins is not, in my book, any kind of crime at all. Rather, an instruction in performance by a young master.
The jury is still out on this Crimson, based on insufficient evidence. Here is more evidence, although we have tampered with it.
-Robert Fripp
The 12th Club release if finally out.
Plans are still underway to put the 80s videos on a DVD.
Pat Mastelotto is planning a project with Terry Bozio.
King Crimson has announced tour dates for Japan.
All orders of $75 or more from DGM come with a free "knot" key chain.
Power to Believe is still slated for a February release.
Check out www.disciplineglobalmobile.com or my signature link for more musical goodness.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Mike- (Yes, I knew from the title what it was! :) ) I just got USA. I'm sad. :frowning: They didn't fix the stupid fade out on Easy Money. Back to my own personal compilation derived from the Great Deceiver...
(I heard a little while ago that TGD was going to be remastered?)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,
I think if they would have changed anything from the original release, people would have complained that they were altering the album (which is different than adding stuff). I personally don't care since I've never heard the album before, so it's all new (and good) to me.

I'm pretty sure The Great Deceiver is not getting re-mastered. The first release was discontinued and the set has been put back on the market (don't know if it's exactly the same packaging), so that may be what you are thinking of. Either the way, the master is pretty decent so there are no plans and no call for any remastering here. The set is out, available, sounds great, and most highly recommended.

I just placed an order at DGM:

King Crimson- Ladies of the Road
Adrian Belew- Mr. Music Head
Peter Hammill- X My Heart
BTM- Bremen Town Musicians
David Sylvian- Gone To Earth
T-Shirt- Heavy ConstruKtion

This will be my first Peter Hammill solo album. I do have two Van Der Graaf Generator albums, so I know I'm in for something quite... odd. The musical adventure continues...

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
TGD is kind of neat. There is a set from Pgh and the Stanley Theater (the name of the venue on TGD is wrong). Grew up in Pgh. Wasn't "aware" of Crimson way back then (just barely too young), but the Stanley has always been my absolute favorite place to see live bands for the sound. (Saw BOC there a few times, Peter Gabriel on the Security tour, the Plasmatics :), etc.)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Upcoming set list for The Power To Believe:

1. The Power To Believe I: A Cappella
2. Level Five
3. Eyes Wide Open
4. Elektrik
5. The Power To Believe II
6. Facts Of Life: Intro
7. Facts Of Life
8. Dangerous Curves
9. Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With
10. The Power To Believe III
11. The Power To Believe IV: Coda

Note: Level Five is one of the new pieces they've been touring with and was the name of the EP they sold on the tour. Happy With and Eyes Wide Open are on the new EP that just came out. EleKtric has been performed in concert and appears on the 19th Collector's Club release.

February is the scheduled release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks