What's new

Dexter Season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
This is one of those shows that makes the best out of HD, that's for sure. To be honest, this season gets me in a really different way then the first two, which were very visceral.. this season is a lot more about Dex coming up with his own code, and this is the first big test.. how can he develop a code with a psychopath who represents "good" influencing him to do creepy things? And at what point does he... need to off that person ;) Because you know it's coming.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Yeah, strong possibility. Other suspects (most likely first):

The CI.
The alleged-IA chick. (too obvious?)
Miguel's brother. (way too obvious?)
The kooky lawyer. (too much of a curve ball?)
Masuka(!)
(did I miss anyone?)

I think it's a toss up between the partner and the CI; either could be the nut-job, and it would make sense. But how about both? :D

...Although, you just know the season has to end with Miguel finding out that Dexter really killed his brother, and the fallout from that.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I admit, I love every damn character in this show. Tonight's ep was very good about putting together how Dex is building his new "code".

Miguel.. pretty terrifying. Yeah, he's going to go down - the preview of next week makes his path even creepier..

"He looks just like you"
"That's just racist..... wait.. damn!"

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Vince is always good for some laughs. I keep thinking Gianna will figure into all of this soon enough with the amount of time they spend on this budding romance between her and Angel.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
was just thinking amatuer youtube work, sorry =P. HD video production have been commercially available for many years now like stargates, enterprise, etc.

one of my fav. thing about this series is the dialogue, it doesn't 'cheat' any of the characters. they feel so natural and part of what those characters who say.

PS NO ONE wants to talk about the very last episode? my hairs were standing up when the cancer lady revealed dexter's secret!!!! i was like, WTF WOW WOW WOW and then having dexter doing the deed and finally revealing what happened to his brother... (but not confessing to the entire story) is so shocking!!! i know it's kind of cheating in that he reveals things to his own victims too, but this time it's 'an innocent' as he says. this is soooooooo damn exhilirating for a TV series! i watch dexter episodes sandwiched between a host of other sunday shows i'm watching and man oh man, dexter is the only one that manages to pull and reel me in and keep me on my toes since the pilot days.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I loved ep. 8! The season is really coming together and still retains plenty of mystery for the home stretch.

Miguel is fully implicated, but if I were in the business of life insurance, there's still no way would I underwrite him at this point. I wonder if his probable exit will be attributed to his brother.

Anton's disappearance was pretty well telegraphed ahead of time. We'll see if he gets out of this by the skin of his teeth. He might even still be a bad guy, however I'd be really surprised if the writers did that to Deb again (all the more reason to do it? She could acquire her own DP, but I digress...)

As the story progresses, Quinn continues to be partially exculpated and kept somewhat in the margins. I think he'll turn out to be seriously rotten. Not necessarily another "Brian", but the subject of a revelation nonetheless.

P.S. I think the "punchline" from ep. 3 was "Nobody hunts my children" Works better for me, with the wild animal theme, anyway.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh, what monster has Dexter unleashed? You know that Miguel has plans for what he knows about the code now.. how can Dexter bring him down and not out himself?

Things definitely kicked into high gear now.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I rewatched the episode. I think Mig got the better of Dex by planting evidence in the home of his victim. His quick find of the weapon in conjunction with the offer to help with the entry lead me to think so. His life expectancy just dropped by a heckuva lot.

The previews are, as Deb might say, pretty damn f'ing tantalizing.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, definitely no turning back for Miguel now, he did the dirty deed...and he liked it.

He apparently still doesn't know Dex's procedure for disposing of the mess, though.

It's do or die for Dex now, he'll def have to deal with what he's created if he is to ensure his own survival.

It seems Harry was right.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
didn't i say when i began posting in this thread that miguel is 'earmarked' ;). although it would sweet if miguel just 'disappeared' and begins to hunt dexter and his stupid code, that would be an awesome setup for season4.

i also stated that i have always found this dark series to be entirely funny!!! i just haven't laughed as hard watching any other sitcom or comedy series in general. i was watching this late (or early this morning) and i just couldn't help but burst out laughing. the funniest line is probably: "i'm gonna put together a starter kit" and i luved how perversely excited dexter was when he said it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or it looks like Dexter has a fall guy for the many people he's killed over the years (but Miguel would have to also be living in the same area when the killings occured). Having Miguel sent to prison over Dex's kills would be delicious, and it provides a springboard for more Miguel in the future.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Dex doesn't need a fall guy anymore. Doakes took the heat for that. Or were you referring to something else, Patrick? I thought this season started kinda slow, but it has really picked up. Loved this week's ep, although the heavy foreshadowing for Anton was a little tiresome. I like Quinn as a character, as well as the defense lawyer. I like Smits, but his character is a bit too much of an ass to be really compelling. He is too smart to act so stupid and careless, unless it is an act.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Dex has still piled up a body count (but I guess it's unknownst to most people since the victims are more or less just missing persons since there are no body parts for relatives to identify anymore). Perhaps Dex will end up having to stop Miguel (or he's in cahoots with Ellen). I had forgotten that Doakes took the fall for Dex's handywork.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i'm just guessing here but i think miguel will kill that chic lawyer and dex will end miguel's life for 'violating' the code amongst other things and while dex has miguel on his table, he'll confess the murder.

that's the thing about this season of dexter is that dex is confessing his real life to people (could be cheating when he confessed to the person dying of cancer, but still). i luv how he's finally reaching out. i wonder how they will play at the human angle of him coming to terms with his growing humanity vs. his 'dark passenger' side. that's what i find the most fascinating when i first watched dexter. and this season tackles it HEADon after the mystery of his past. they build his past in 2 seasons and 3 will tackle the present and s4 and s5 will tackle his future. i luv it =D. imma get all the blu-rays =D.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, it's quite simple, Miguel got a taste for killing and will now become a loose cannon that will threaten Dex's safety and so Dex will need to put an end to this "friendship" very soon.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Holy crap.

In a single episode, a big slice of the storylines all started to run together; and the last 5 minutes was downright edge-of-the-seat drama.

Now we know what the whole pace to the season has been.. let the cat & mouse games begin between Dexter & Miguel! "I think there might be an ethics probe..." Woosh.. was the Internal Affairs chick in on this with Miguel from the beginning, doing his bidding? What a long setup, but a hell of a payoff!

Real Name
Dirk
Oh my, I haven't gotten to see the episode yet, but I'm riveted. This is, by far, my favorite show on television. I've got the showtime site up and this will be dinner theatre tonight!

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

Damn, it was only last night, and you lost me. Who said that there might be an ethics probe? And why would you link Yuki to Miguel?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks