What's new

DEXTER on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season two will probably premiere in the fall, I'm guessing we'll see season 1 around that time

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
out on the 21st

anyway...

i have the first disc so watching the first 3 eps.

does the writing get any better after these first 3?

other then Dexter every one on the show is a poorly written cliche'

a police captain who dislikes one of her officers for no reason and ignores all her leads despite how good they are.
constantly putting her down in front of all the other officers.
she doesnt do anything that is a smart move, how is she even the captain.

the officer is a typical as a vice cop fake hooker who wants to became a plainsclothes cop.

she eventually gets that from the cliche' DA or whatever he is, because her dad was a great cop.

of course now her captain hates her even more and has to tell the vice cop she is promoted in front of the DA type guy.

also the Da type guy is only interested in good press and his reputation.

the other cop is stereotypical parody like, bad action movie or tv show cop.
always keeping his eye on dexter and doesnt like dexter for no apparent reason.

the cursing is over done.
too much use of it that it also seems like a parody of bad cop action movies.

even the girlfriend is weak.
a guy comes and claims her ex husband owes him money for drugs he took so since the husband isnt there anymore he says give me your car.
so she just gives him the car.

Dexter was standing right there, he's cop isnt he.
he cant just flash his badge to scare him off.

i just dont get it.
though i do love anything with dexter.
especially anything with him and his dad.
that dad stuff is very good.

the show is ok, just is poorly written.

also is the pq as bad on showtime as it is on the dvd.
looks soft and a bit blurry.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Dexter (Michael C. Hall) is the ONLY thing that made me keep watching the show at the beginning. I thought Dexter's sister and Dokes were horrible actors. Around the fourth or fifth episode I was really into the show.

I've even reversed my opinion on Dexter's sister and Dokes. I LOVE Dokes now. He's ridiculously over-the-top.

Stick with it for a few more episodes and see what you think.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just wanted to do a quick revive to ask someone where the heck the two commentaries are on these discs? :confused: It says it has two of them but i'll be darned if I can find which eps they're on and it doesn't say on either the box or on the ep summaries.

Thanks.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the season 1 DVD, the Bonus material does nothing, it just opens a web browser with nothing in it.
I can not find any special features other than the 2 audio commentaries, they don't even tell you what 2 episodes have the commentaries on the DVD.

Fun show, but man the DVD claims all this stuff but I can not access anything.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I know Season 3 has either just finished or will finish very shortly. Any word in the wind on when Season 3 DVD's will come out?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Amazon now has Dexter Season 3 available for pre-order. But they are not showing the release date. Does anyone know the release date for this?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Dexter DVD news: Pre-Order Dexter - The 3rd Season from Amazon.com | TVShowsOnDVD.com

This doesn't qualify as hard news on when Season 3 is coming out (again, think right before Season 4), but I enjoyed the pun in the tentative cover art that is posted.

And, of all the seasons, the third is probably the one I'm most likely to pick up. Like HBO's Big Love, it's the rare show that has gotten even stronger with each season.

But isn't it just a little bit creepy that, in real life, Dexter married his sister? Okay, it's just the actors who are playing those parts, but it's still a little squirmy. Oh well, I guess it fits a deliberately squirmy show.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Season 3 is due out on DVD on August 18, 2009.

Can't wait as I did not watch when it aired this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks