Devil May Cry... my issue at hand

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad_W, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

Sep 18, 2001
    Okay, I've got three controllers that I use for my Playstation 2. The controller I got with my PS2 and the two (playstation) controllers that I had with my first Playstation.

I've been playing games left and right on it with no problems at all. Well, I popped this game in yesterday and I used one of my playstation controllers (the PS2 controller took a dump on my via busted cord) to play it. The first thing I noticed when I started the game is that every time I did a sword combo or used my guns the screen turned bright red and said Pause twice and the game continued (and keep in mind that there is no actual "pause" screen on this game, but rather a menu that is brought up when you press start. This is NOT the screen that shows up), but didn't really show me using the gun or the sword trick. Also, when an enemy attacked it did the same thing. I then switched to my final controller and no problems. Well, half-way into the disc it started doing it on a very very rare scale.

Is this:

1. The game? I did rent it from "Block Bustas."

2. My controller? Other games I play work fine.

3. Part of the game? Just to annoy the living piss out of me.

4. Me? Does the game just not like me as a person therefore trying to render me "lamed-out" and not willing to play the game any more?

5. All of the above?

I really am frustrated with this whole scenerio and could really use some ideas and/or suggestions.

Thank you.
  2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Dec 9, 2000
    The same thing happened to me while playing with a PS2 controller. I thought it was my controller extenders but all I had to do to fix it was double check my controller connection. It was a little loose, I made sure it was plugged in well and then I had no problem after that.

-Andre F
  3. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Jan 14, 2000

But, it's worth mentioning, that so does a few other games (NBA Street, For Sure), some more often than others. I'd imagine it's my controller, but I don't know. I just play with my other controller when ever it starts doing it.