What's new

Devil May Cry 2 (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
In the latest issue of PSM, they had an article on Devil May Cry 2, complete with pictures and info about the game. It takes place in a city now and you can jump from building to building, but there isn't much info on specific gameplay changes. The graphics look the same (if not a little better) but just the idea of another Devil May Cry game on a (seemingly) larger scale is good thing.

Anyone else see this yet?

Richard_T

Second Unit
I haven't seen anything yet but you are right, it would be a very good thing. The first DMC was a quite a hit so I wouldn't doubt there would be a sequel. Let's just keep hoping it's soon.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I got my PSM last week also, Morgan.

I really liked the original DMC, and part 2 looks impressive.

However, the article in PSM I enjoyed the most was that of "System Wars Over, Sony Wins." Yeesh.

Sometimes I think $12 is too much to pay for that magazine every year.

It's no wonder the world is populated with overzealous fanboys when even supposedly "professional" gaming magazines shamlessly cheerlead for their respective consoles and proclaim everything else to be crap. OXM is also guilty of this childish b.s., and frankly I wish there were a great multiplatform magazine that wasn't biased and aimed at kids. Sorry for straying off topic.....

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't too impressed with the first DMC game, because it seemed just like Onimusha just with guns instead of swords. Maybe the second will be better.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
When you get into DMC, you can see what makes it so great. Pure mindless action for hours apon hours, along with great graphics and a hot chick.

While fanboy mags like this generally suck, I only read it for the information and pictures, not the editorials and opinions.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Morgan,
This game was a total favorite of mine, so I will check out this issue for the latest. Thank you for the heads up. So, Sony won, eh...that was a short battle :p) I would have expected it to last quite a bit longer :D
Take care,
Chuck

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
It's no wonder the world is populated with overzealous fanboys when even supposedly "professional" gaming magazines shamlessly cheerlead for their respective consoles and proclaim everything else to be crap.
OK, actually read the article first. They don't say anything fanboyish or untrue about either XBOX or GC.

I think PSM is a very good magazine. I've never seen them bash another system just for sake of pumping up the PSX/PS2 and all their reviews are very fair. Anyway, the article caused an uproar on the IGN message boards too...I think it is just stating the obvious.

Aaron

JasonK

Supporting Actor
What did they say that you did not agree with?
Aaron,

I don't have the article in front of me, so I can't quote verbatim.

The problem I have is how they can declare a 'winner' when two systems have been out for less than a year.

Granted, 'system wars' is just a cliched term to hype all the gamers up about the latest system. All of the videogame magazines will fill up pages about the 'system wars.' It makes for good copy, and sells magazines.

Sony is WINNING. They have sold a heck of a lot more systems than the other 2 console's combined. And in all likelihood, when we look back at this generation in a few years, we will see Sony in first place as far as hardware sales go.

But we have not even seen Nintedo's A-list titles yet. Resident Evil is the only killer-app the Gamecube has right now.

Microsoft have been quiet lately, possibly so they don't have an underwhelming E3 like they did last year. They still have a game that will sell systems in HALO, plus a lot of exclusive SEGA games.

Look, I own all 3 of the systems, plus many others. I could care less which one wins, as long as it means some great games come out in the process.

I'd just rather PSM kept its mouth shut until after this Christmas, when all 3 systems will have their A-list titles out.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Look, I own all 3 of the systems, plus many others. I could care less which one wins, as long as it means some great games come out in the process. I'd just rather PSM kept its mouth shut until after this Christmas, when all 3 systems will have their A-list titles out.
We all know games like Mario and Zelda are going to sell their million+ copies, but do you honestly think they will be enough to overcome the HUGE lead the PS2 has? They were not enough for the N64. It's not like Sony won't have some A-list titles to launch at around the same time those games hit. MAYBE, Nintendo can close the gap a bit, but I can't see either MS or Nintendo finishing first this generation, especially since they each have to compete against two other console for sales. The PS2 got to build its lead virtually unopposed. So again, it would indeed take a miracle for Sony to finish second, which, again, is what the article in question stated.

Aaron

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Aaron,

We're in agreement that it would take a miracle for Sony to lose this console war.

However, it's difficult for me to say the console war (there's that phrase again) is over when it only just started.

We may just be arguing over semantics here, but I can't see myself declaring a 'winning' console, or 2nd and 3rd place, for that matter, until further into all of the system's life cycle.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that the console wars are more of an annual event starting in January and ending in December. For the year 2001, Sony won. I think they were talking more about the 2001 war, not the overall war.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
That's the way I see it too. Because when the GC and Xbox start pumping out their 2nd and 3rd generation games the PS2 is gonna be left in the dust because of its inferior hardware (yes, I know it came out a year earlier but that's just how it is). Both of the newer systems will have their system sellers while the PS2 will have to continue making due with their current user base (which is friggin huge already). The PS2 will have to struggle to compete with the games of the more advanced system as time goes on and developers get more familiar with them.

The same thing goes for the PS2 but to a lesser degree since it's been out longer and developers have had a chance to do things that were thought impossible on it already like DTS and whatnot. The other two systems are already outclassing PS2 games and developers haven't even had the chance to do the things they've done with the PS2 with them. All I know is I'm gonna own all three consoles of this generation because there will always be a game that I want that won't be available on the other consoles.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
To be honest hardware really has nothing to do with the system longevity. In the past psx one over saturn(Saturn was moore powerful even though it did come out first) Also the psx also outsold the dreamcast. and beat out N64. And what about sega genenis. It took years for super nintendo to come out on top over that machine. Please lets not start another console war. I thought this thread was about DMC2(which I think will be a kick ass game). My point is whatever colsole will win will be the one with the biggest instal base. Nothing to do with graphics, 5.1 surround, HDTV compatibility, progressive scan. And right now the system with the biggest instal base is the ps2. Companies can make more money with games on the ps2. I am noticing games that where exclusive to the other systems even coming to ps2(although yes there will be a graphic degrade). But Xbox right now is not looking good. Yes it is a shame!!! but it is fact!! It is a real sad fact( I love my xbox). What you have to understand is yes microsoft has ALOT of Money. But So does Sony, and nintendo. They where not in finacial trouble( like sega was). They can all afford to ride it out. Besides by the time Xbox get's popular ps3 will be out, then xbox 2 right after that, then whatever Nintendo system!! It is a cycle!!! I say WHO CARES who is number One!! ENJOY THE GAMES THAT ARE OUT NOW!!!! This is as redundant as the DTS DD debate. At least there is a clear winner there. We all know the answer to that!!!! hahaa!!!

Anyways Enjot the games for the system or systems you own!!! They all pretty much kick ass!!!! Regardless of how many polies, this or that system can push. remember Poly's don't make a good game. The gameplay does!!!!!!! BTW don't mind the spelling errors. it is late!!!!

Andre F

Screenwriter
I wasn't too impressed with the first DMC game, because it seemed just like Onimusha just with guns instead of swords. Maybe the second will be better.
Really? I am not a fan of Onimuhsa at all and yet loved DMC. I thought it played so much and that made all the difference.

-Andre F

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
synergific01
Recent bookmarks