What's new

Detroit loses again.....falls to 0-12 (1 Viewer)

CalvinC

Stunt Coordinator
The Lions need to play my favorite team, Carolina Panthers,
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Lions would win in the last minute and would rush for 2 or 3 hundred yards. It could be called the "The 1st Draft Pick Bowl".

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kenny, O.K. But, if you don't have a good defense, you have better score points. As for the Steelers, they will be in better shape once The Bus is back.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
True, the Steelers have a great defense, maybe a notch below what Baltimore had last year, but their offense is better than baltimore's last year. And Bettis has only missed one game. If I remember correctly, they lead the AFC in total yards gained, but I am pretty sure they are not even close to the top in TDs, and total points I am not sure of. But hey they will lose to the Rams in the SB anyway.:frowning:

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
This could be the week for the hapless Lions. Todd Bouman will start in place of injured quarterback, Duante Culpepper this Sunday. He can't possibly have another player-of-the-week type of game, can he? Chris Hovan their starting defensive tackle is also out.
I still think Minnesota is going to win a very close and hard fought game. If only because Robert Griffith and Dale Carter have improved the Viking defense dramatically the past few weeks. Also, historically Minnesota just doesn't seem to lose to Detroit. ;)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
This could be the week for the hapless Lions.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Always one to look for a positive spin, they been awesome against the spread of late. They've been perennial dogs, win or lose, for the gamblers.

If they manage to achieve a late lead again, of course I'll be cringing, waiting for the other shoe to fall. The 3 man rush may never be a good idea, but for the Lions, it's suicide. The only chance they have is for their (sometimes) fairly good DL to get pressure.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
The draft might look week, but I would be thrilled to have the first pick so that I could take Julius Peppers.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I still think the Lions would be better served to trade the #2 pick (assuming that's what they end up with) for additional picks. This team needs help in so many areas that one high pick will not even begin to solve their problems. In this case, quantity over quality may be the better option -- especially with a weaker draft.

Anyway, The Vikings game on Sunday is certainly one of Detroit's better chances of avoiding 0-16. Minnesota is not very good, Culpepper is out, and who knows if Randy Moss will feel like playing this week.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I get a BAD feeling the Lions will beat the Steelers..especially if the Black and Gold get an emotional win over the Ravens to clinch the division.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Lions - Steelers game is in Pittsburgh, so there is very little chance the Lions will win that one. They have a better chance of beating the Bears in the Silverdome. The Steel Curtain will destroy the Lions.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Scott,

It may seem so easy on paper, but Detroit has been in nearly every game they've played. They aren't really succeptable to being blown out. They are not a "horrible" 0-12. And, how many times have you seen an obviously better team get shocked by an opponent because they overlooked them? Detroit beating Pittsburgh is not far-fetched.

Bruce

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Every time I hear that "Detroit is the best 0-12 team ever", I have to laugh. Just how many other 0-12 teams are there to compare them to? Let's face it, when a team loses twelve straight games, it's not a very good football team. In fact, it is a bad football team.

Bruce, if the game against Pittsburgh was in Pontiac I would give the Lions a remote chance of winning. However, with the game in Pittsburgh, the chance of a win is as close to zero as you can get in the NFL. Pittsburgh's excellent defense will abuse Detroit's pathetic offensive line, shut down their practice squad wide receivers and punish their 5th round draft pick rookie QB.

Any of the three remaining games at the Silverdome are all possible wins. Minnesota is not very good and are playing with a backup QB and a bad attitude, Chicago almost lost to the Lions at Soldier Field, and Dallas is as bad as Detroit.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
With Culpepper out today, it might just be the right day for the Lions to win a game!!

EDIT: The Lions lead the Vikings 20-7 at the half. It makes you wonder what wonderful way they will find to lose this game.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Well with 3 seconds left I think it's safe to congratulate the Lions.

I would also like to point out this is the first week i've chosen detroit to win, so i will singlehandedly take credit for this victory

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
It's official that despite the Lions best efforts to give the game to the Vikings, they have been unsuccessful and now will be 1-12 and no one will ever remember them in the future!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Break up the Lions! :)
Yes, the streak is finally over. I thought they had found a new way to lose after blowing a 20-7 halftime lead, but Minnesota was determined to not let the Lions lose. Now the big question is -- who owns the tiebreaker for the #2 draft pick, Detroit or Carolina?

Jim_F

Screenwriter
That's a relief. Now I don't have to grit my teeth to watch Sportcenter on Monday for the first time in months.

The spoiler role is all they have left for this season. They just missed tripping the potentially playoff-bound Bucs last week, but at least they applied the coup de grace to their longtime archrival today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks