Details on the InFocus ScreenPlay 4805?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Drew Wallner, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Drew Wallner

Drew Wallner Extra

Does anyone have any hard facts yet on the upcoming 4805?

I'm extremely excited to meet this projector and try it out, and perhaps use it to create my HT in my new house. I've seen mention of it in threads about other topics, including a press release that mentioned a "March" release. One even mentioned Crutchfield possibly taking pre-orders for it already.

Unfortunately the InFocus site doesn't seem to mention it at all (that I could find) and I haven't found a review by anyone yet.

From what I've read so far, it sounds like this projector, for some people anyway, might sway some LCD versus DLP decisions because the four speed, six segment color wheel might reduce or eliminate rainbows for some folks.

I'm very interested in checking this thing out in person ASAP.

Can anyone reccomend either sources of more detailed information on this FP and perhaps places in Virginia one might be able to go test drive one?

Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    The 4805 has not been released yet. I can tell you that the throw ratio is 1.74-2.09. It is have 1 M1/DA, 1 component, 1 composit,and 1 S-video connector.
    The image offset is 127.3% in 16:9 mode. This means 27.3% of your image height will equal the distance between the center of the lens and top of the image.(in ceiling mount mode)
    Cost will be $1300. I have pre ordered one now to figure out screen size.

Steve

3. Drew Wallner

Drew Wallner Extra

Steve - thanks that's really great info and will help me in some pre-planning for my room. If you don't mind who did you pre-order it from (Crutchfield?) and did they give you an estimated shipping date by any chance?

Also in terms of pre-planning, should I presume that the ceiling bracket that sells for around $150 that fits the 4800 and other projectors by InFocus will probably fit the 4805 as well?

Not ordering anything yet, just working up a budget to submit to my CFO. [​IMG]

4. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

release date is in march some time [​IMG]

5. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

Any word on if it has the Faroudja deinterlacer? I won't trade in the X1 unless it has it.

Thanks

6. Drew Wallner

Drew Wallner Extra

The answer appears to be yes to Faroudja DCDi, that and several other detailed specs are revealed in the press release which strangely I could not seem to locate at InFocus but which Projector Central has posted to their site.

I don't think we're supposed to post links right? So you can just go to the Projector Central site, use their search page and "Search The News" for "4805" and it'll bring it up.

What it unfortunately does not give is an actual shipping date, throw details (however those are higher up in this thread now), details about keystone correction, digital zoom, audible noise, or simple things like the size of the case (though I'm kind of presuming it will be in the X1/4800 shell).

Man I really wanna test drive one of these things!

7. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

from what I understand, this unit will be available from stores like Circuit City and Best Buy, so test driving one shouldn't be a problem. But don't quote me on that

coool

8. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

The X1's don't have Faroudja?

9. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

Cabreau

The X1 does have Faroudja and it is very impressive. IThe 4805 has a 4x 6 color wheel however and that is far better than the X1's 2x 4 color wheel. The upgrade would be worth it to me as long as it has the Faroudja.

It also sounds like the 4805 has easier connections which would be a bonus as well.

10. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

yep it will have the dvi that i under stand