Details on Star Trek: Enterprise DVD extras

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bill Hunt, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Insider
    Insider

Just thought some of you might find this interesting. We've gotten word from industry sources on some of the extras that will be included on the Star Trek: Enterprise DVDs, which start arriving in May. Here's the link:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#0112

Deleted scenes and outtakes anyone?

Cheers!

2. RichardLoomis

Thanks for the info, Bill.

It will be great to see Trek in widescreen, as it has always been the one show that could really benefit from it.

Although I have been a huge Trek fan for years, and I own almost all the other series on DVD, I have not been able to get into Enterprise as much as the other series. Perhaps it is the timeslot our local Channel 9 plays it on, but it didn't appeal to me as much. Mind you, I said the same thing about Voyager and DVD has given me the opportunity to enjoy that excellent series. Hopefully, the clarity of DVD will give me the means to enjoy this show which I hear excellent things about (largely from DigitalBits, I might add [​IMG]).

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Bill,

Thanks for the info on ST! BTW, I check your site daily. Good thing I'm not a Packers fan [​IMG] I also like the Vikings. They're due to win the big one.

- Jeff Willis "Bionic Series Fanatic" Counting the days till those release dates fron Universal [​IMG]

4. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I've been enjoying Enterprise through rabbit ears for the past four seasons, so I am looking forward to Enterprise on DVD probably more than most of you!

5. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

Cool info on Enterprise and even First Contact's SE. I can hardly wait for these things.

OT question: Will the upcoming cover art section be updated soon? I miss going through all the newly announced titles there.

6. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Bill,

You had me at anamorphic and 5.1. :b

7. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Thanks for the info; funny thing is, going to thedigitalbits site shows the last update being the 12/3/04 one on Blade: Trinity. Hitting the refresh button doesn't load a newer page either. Anyone else have the same problem?

8. andrew markworthy

Excellent news and many thanks for the link.

However, I let out a sigh when I read the dreaded phrase 'Easter Eggs' yet again. Puhl-e-a-a-a-s-e can we have an end to these irritating features? The novelty wore off years ago and they're just plain annoying. If something is meant to be seen, then show it. If not, then just leave it out. Viewers aren't all geeks with lots of spare time on their hands to search these things out.

9. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I'll second that thought. Well said Andrew.

[​IMG]

10. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    The steep price tag is going to keep a lot of people away from this I am affraid. I think the dismal following of this Trek incarnation is not going to get people out there to buy this.

11. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I read this One important thing left unannounced. Price. I like Enterprise. I passed on Voyager and just rented a few disks on Netflix because I did'nt think it was worth $100 a set. I like Enterprise more but I still don't think it's worth $100 a set. I did buy TNG , TOS and DS9. If it's $100 I think I'll pass. If the Animated Series is $100 I think I'll scream.