What's new

Details: Kill Bill: Volume One (2 Viewers)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I want them both together...it's supposed to be one movie (don't want any silliness like the Matrix 2 & 3 being split, pointless IMO to watch Reloaded DVD then wait 6 months+ to see the serial ending)... I can wait for what I want, but I think it's a good idea from a marketing perspective to get a Vol. 1 disc out there for the rental market. With any luck we'll see Vol. 1 & 2 DVD together by next Christmas.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Extra...songs? Anyone know what that means? I assume they would have said "extra scenes" if they had meant that.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
And the most important item, the rating, is missing from the extras list which doesn't bode to well for an uncut, full color version this time around.

I'm with Tim, this is a Netflix rental until the real SE comes out.

I love this quote:

Yea right, they have had the movie completed and cut a long time ago. There are a bunch of reasons why this is getting pushed to April, the one Tarantino is giving has nothing to do with it.

I also love how he said each DVD release would get special content. I guess Mirimax turned him down.

Doug

MatS

Screenwriter
I think it is his goal to have multiple dvd versions of all his movies

for such a movie guy and someone who takes more than enough time between projects, sadly he seems to be one who doesn't insist on getting it right the first time around (sans Jackie Brown) :thumbsdown:

he must like seeing his name, the dvd when it comes out should say 'the 4th film and the 6th dvd by Quentin Tarantino' ;)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

It was intended as one movie but what I got out of an interview with QT is that it wasn't filmed this way. Something like he had his outline and how long the movie looked like it was going to be. Miramax wanted it split into two movies and QT thought about it and figured out just the way to do it, which was the cliffhanger at the end of part one.

I might be wrong but that was my impression. I have no problem with the box set having Vol 1 and 2 as seperate entities. I just hope we don't have to wait TOO long before we get it (can we say Christmas 2004? Summer 2005? ugh!) There's no word yet on the expected boxed set of Matrix, which is what I've been holding out for.

-paul

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
By saying "I want them both together", I just meant so I can watch them both together, however they're divied up. I must say I'm not keen on these multi-part movies that don't episodically stand alone that well, like a daily TV soap opera. Kill Bill Vol. 1 wasn't too bad for that (as the first part of multi-part films are, since they introduce the story), some other recent blockbusters are IMO worse in that regard. Oh well, at least we have the choice when we have the DVD's to watch how and when we want.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
IMHO Kill Bill vol1 worked absolutely fine on its own. Just as well as, say, Starship Troopers, which had an extremely sequel-friendly ending.

I'll be getting the first DVD. It'll get a lot of playtime before any SE materializes. :)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'm waiting for the one big SE DVD and then I'll watch it in the way it was originally supposed to be viewed - as one film.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I like it, it is the same as one of the giant posters at my local cinema when it was playing. Doesn't hurt having a full Uma shot on the cover either. :)

I guess we can expect a quote at the bottom as well.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Hmmm, I don't remember Uma looking that blonde in the movie. Or maybe she's not as blonde in her recent interviews which is throwing me off. Good cover.

The cover art left me a little cold.. I don't really know why or what I was expecting but that art just doesn't do anything for me either way.. it's neither stupid (see matrix revolutions) or special in any way. Oh well, another reason to wait for the S.E. That is, if I can wait. :)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
This is weak

1) From the link, which can be found if you search, where QT was talking about the DVDs a month or so ago, he said, to paraphrase, (damn this is becoming a run-on sentence) "there will be a bunch of extras on V1, then a bunch on V2, then later a bunch of different ones on the SEs, because I like to put a lot of stuff on, and I am a collector." The intent being not to stiff over those that double dip. Anyways, the current DVD listing for V1 looks exceptionally lame.

2) His original plan, from what I understand, was to make one movie. He got it down to around 4 hours or less. This means he did most of the editing already. Now maybe he is adding some stuff he trimmed back in, to make it fill better, but I can't believe there is that much editing to do.

3) That prequel and other stuff mentioned just sounds stupid. Come out with the rest of the movie, and don't go through some spastic plot jacking.

Anyways, I will rent at best, and wait.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
i double dipped with lord of the rings' "fellowhip", "towers", and will double dip with "king" -- but not kill bill. i will join netflix and just hold on to it for six months or whatever....

Eric Eash

Second Unit
people who are obviously dvd afficiandos who say they will wait x amount of months or years until a better release comes out always crack me up. any true fans of this movie will not wait and will double dip if a new version comes out that is worth buying again. i think this also applies to all movies. when i like a movie, i NEED it. i then watch it a trillion times. it's only $20. i could spend that on eating out in one day. again, just think it's funny when people treat buying a dvd like buying a car. i will be defineately buying this when it comes out, might buy a universal player since the KB i saw in the theaters in japan was different and more uncut that the american version i saw.

eric

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Well, I look at it differently. Probably most who buy discs are not "fans" as such (i.e. fanatics), they just like the movies and consider them good enough to own. Those who buy *lots* of DVD's eventually get to a point when they realise that double-dipping is silly when you *know* a superior release is coming relatively shortly. It's just unnecessary, if you get lots of discs then you always have plenty of stuff to watch, it's not like you're really waiting for anything. So it's not the money as such, it's just IMO better to put the money into a good release of something else. If you buy like 2 discs a year and watch them tons of times, then by all means don't wait, but not everybody does that, some prefer variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks