What's new

Details: Kill Bill: Volume One (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

We've just received official details on volume one of Kill Bill, which will indeed arrive on the 13th April. Retail is set at $29.99. Hopefully this isn't the final spec sheet, as only one special feature is listed right now! The artwork isn't available yet either. Here are the details we have so far though anyway:

2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
English DTS 5.1 Surround Track
French Language Track
Behind the Scenes Program with Quentin Tarantino
English, Spanish Subtitles

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Who cares? Make it barebones and I'll still buy it! Kill Bill in DTS?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
You guys have fun waiting for the uber-SE ;)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Man, that's looking thin. Hope there is more, because I need to get this in my hands as soon as I can and I'd hate to double dip.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
It's wierd how I'm getting two of my top three films of 2003 in the same month, Matrix on the 6th and Kill Bill one week later.

Wish they would change both dates to a March timeframe.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Well, Mirimax have just told me that's it extras wise! I'm told that it's the same as the first edition of Pulp Fiction. Think a lot of people will be a bit gutted about that...

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm, that's too bad. Still, by far the most important things to me are that (a) it eventually gets done right, with great extras, and (b) I know up front that this will happen at some point, so that I don't end up double-dipping because I was lied to about what was or wasn't coming in the future. The SEs of Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction are great, so give me KB with that level of quality and I'll be stoked. It won't be the easiest thing, but I can wait for a quality release. Weren't JB and PF worth the wait? I certainly think they were. Plus, we all waited six years for another QT movie, and while none of us wants to go through that again, did we really care once we saw how awesome KB Vol. 1 was? Not me!

What with being split in two and all, KB has a highly unusual release pattern, so I'm willing to cut QT and company some slack on the necessary time for a good DVD product. If I have to wait awhile for a high-quality release, then OK, I won't care that much about the wait once I get my hands on it.

By the way, Tom Woodward, thanks so much for passing the details on to us!

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
This is BETTER than a half-ass SE only to wait for a full SE when both films are released. I wont' be buying it, I'll be waiting for the 2 films in 1 set deal, But I think it's better that they take the time to craft some GREAT supplemental and save it for the Special Edition to ensure it IS a special edition instead of half-assing some stuff to pad out the barebones release, and cutting the time to work on stuff for the full blown SE.

This will get a rental or 2 out of me.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Robert, if things play out that way, as appears to be the case, I'm definitely in agreement. Better to leave all the extras for the big release than to let a few through in the initial release. Give me both movies in a 3 or 4-disc blowout SE, and I'll eagerly fork over my $$$, but don't jerk me around with non-redundant extras spread out over two different releases. That would be a bad deal for Miramax: more aggravation for me = less of my money for them.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I agree - this is really great. :D

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to buy both the single releases and the boxset - now there's no reason to buy the single releases.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'll pass on this, but I'm hoping that the DTS track makes the migration to the SE set, which is what I'm getting.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown SEs each have DTS tracks, so it's a reasonable bet that the KB SEs will have it as well.

Brian L D

Agent
I thought I read a rumor somewhere that they are going to eventually recut the 2 movies back together for a really nice SE. I'll wait for that one :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Hmm...this may get a rental. Was considering a blind buy, but with those extras (or lack thereof) it may be smarter to wait for the inevitable double set.

MatS

Screenwriter
as much as I loved this movie, looks like Mirimax will have to wait to get my money

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Even if a combined cut of both movies were to be assembled it would still have to be split up onto two discs so I don't really see the point.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
If that's it then a $29.99 MSRP seems a tad high. That's following a price structure of a standard 2-disc SE. Oh well, I'll wait for the SE

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm buying, I want to be able to watch it at my own leisure. We probably won't see Vol 1 on DVD again until the DVD comes out for Vol 2 (at the very earliest), and I don't really wait that long (probably around Sept/Oct) to see this fantastic film again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks