What's new

Details Indiana Jones Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Hi all,

I just have a some new info on the Indiana Jones Trioligy set to be released on November 04th.
Here we go :

* Making Of
* Stunts
* Sound & Music
* Deleted Scenes
* Screen Tests
* Documentaries
* The Adventure Continues
* Archives ( Deleted Scenes , Trailers , Design Featurettes and Galleries)

Just thought you all wanted to know :D

Greetz,

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Hi Oscar,

Sorry no link for this as there is no other site who mentioned this info.
I have this from a magazine that the studio released to promote their fall titles.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
* The Adventure Continues
I Wonder if this is about the new film..
Alternate theory: That it's about how the original movie was succesful and inspired the original pair of subsequent films. However, yes, I certainly hope it contains info about the upcoming film. But what could it really contain at this point? Nothing's been shot yet, to my knowledge.

DanR

Supporting Actor
My guess as to what that feature is (going out on a limb here) since not much is gong on with the actual film yet:

1.)2 Minute Interview: George Lucas in a flannel shirt sitting in his family room at the ranch in front of a fire talking about how he got the idea for the Indy 4. How excited he, Steven, and Harrison are that this is going to be the best Indy movie ever.

2.)2 Minute Interview: Steven Spielberg in his house in his home theater talking about how long he's wanted to revisit the franchise...How much fun they have making the Indy films, and how great the idea is that Lucas came up with for the fourth film.

3.)30-Second Interview: Harrison Ford at the premiere of Hollywood Homicide (w/ Calista Flockhart hanging on his arm) talking about how it's his favorite character and that he can't wait to get started. He most likely threw in a "It's a great idea by George, and Steven is now immersing himself in the project. It's going to be great to revisit this franchise."

You heard it here first guys!!! Only 4 months to go until the greatest series hits DVD. Never thought the day would come.

Regards,
Dan

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
If this pans out, then atleast we have confirmation on deleted scenes. Other sources also list a special effects piece called "The Light anf Magic of Indiana Jones"

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Without the full documentaries done during the filming of each movie this set is totally incomplete.

I smell a double-dip coming!

Dan

TomWoodward

Second Unit
The following extras have appeared at the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification). I imagine more will appear there over the coming days. Obviously this will be for the region two release but I imagine the region one extras will be identical.

"The Stunts Of Indiana Jones" 10m 52s
"The Light And Magic Of Indiana Jones" 12m 22s
"The Music Of Indiana Jones" 12m 24s

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
FutureShop's website lists:
DVD Features:

Number of Discs: 4-Discs
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Audio:
5.1 Surround – English
Dolby Surround – French
Dolby Surround - Spanish
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Additional Release Material:
Stunts of Indiana Jones
Sounds of Indiana Jones
Music of Indiana Jones
Trailers
Interviews with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford
Making of the Indiana Jones Trilogy
Interactive Features:
DVD-Rom Web Link
Scene Access
Interactive Menus

Real Name
Anthony
The shortness of those extras listed at the BBFC is pretty discouraging. Looks like another one of those bitty Dreamworks discs.
I agree with Dan. I've got a VHS Boxset of the trilogy that included an excellent feature-length film on the making of RAIDERS. I've neither seen nor heard of similar on the other two films, but if they do exist (and are of a similar quality) the inclusion of these are all you would have needed for a comprehensive package.
Dreamworks do produce quality releases so it'd be wrong to pre-judge.But then they also do terrible things (like butchering the JAWS documentary). Only time will tell . . .

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The shortness of those extras listed at the BBFC is pretty discouraging. Looks like another one of those bitty Dreamworks discs.
I agree with Dan. I've got a VHS Boxset of the trilogy that included an excellent feature-length film on the making of RAIDERS. I've neither seen nor heard of similar on the other two films, but if they do exist (and are of a similar quality) the inclusion of these are all you would have needed for a comprehensive package.
To get your hopes up, the "The Making of the Indiana Jones" feature is supposed to be a "feature-length" documentary. Hopefully that proves to be around two hours. ;)

Temple of Doom had an hour-long documentary directed by Frank Marshall and Last Crusade also had a documentary called "Great Adventures and their Quests." I haven't seen any of them though.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I'll repost this list. I posted it a couple of months ago when this was first announced.

This is what has already been released or shown on TV.

Raiders: (both available on one vhs/laser)
A)The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark: 50 minutes
B)Stunts special (hosted by Harrison): 50 minutes

TOD: (only shown on PBS)
A) The Making of TOD: 50 minutes (NEVER available on any format)
B) A special effects show from PBS which combined looks at Jedi and TOD. I'm sorry to say I don't have a copy of this any more but I know it had a LOT of great footage of the bridge collapsing.

LC:
Great Adventurers and Their Quests: 50 min

Those are the "released" making of specials. I also have the EPK for Last Crusade and I'm sure that there have been releases of those for all 3 as there usually is.

Trailers:
Raiders: 1 that i know of
TOD: at least 2
LC: at least 2
Could show trailers from other countries (T2 anyone?) or tv spots as well.

Bloopers/Gag Reel
One exists from the 1983/1984 era and was shown at comic conventions at the time to promote TOD but contained bloopers from both Indy movies

Interviews from recent re-releases
I can't really speak about these because I wasn't dumb enough to buy the VHS but there were apparently some new interviews on the re-release tapes for each movie.

Deleted Scenes
Check out the raider.net for a comprehensive list of each movies deleted scenes.

Harrison Ford Practical Joke
Now infamous...here's the description from IMDB. It's a true story confirmed by all involved. ""While filming the whipping scene, the crew played a practical joke on Harrison Ford. Chained to a large stone, Barbra Streisand appeared, dressed in a leather dominatrix outfit. She proceeded to whip him, saying "That's for Hanover Street (1979), the worst movie I ever saw." She continued whipping him for Star Wars (1977), and making all of that money. Carrie Fisher then threw herself in front of Ford to protect him, and Irvin Kershner chided director Steven Spielberg. "Is this how you run your movies?" This entire sequence was filmed."

Entertainment Tonight 1hr special
Fantastic special that aired in the last couple of years. Went through each movie and showed behind the scenes footage and interviews conducted then and now. Good to know Short Round is still working.

Premiere Magazine: making the tank sequence
Special from 89 which went through all the hits that summer and the Indy segment was on the tank sequence. Hosted by Mark Harmon.

At The Movies TV Special
From 89; Goes through the making of all 3 films. If nothing else, it proves there's a lot more behind the scenes footage than what was shown in the "making of" specials.

Harrison Ford: The Last Crusader
OK i'm reaching with this one but it's an MTV special with Harrison around the time the film came out that's a LOT of fun and mostly about Indy.

That's all I can think of at the moment...I'll post more if i think of it.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Its a real shame that this trilogy will not see DTS when it is released on DVD. Its embarasing that Speilburg is not releasing this blockbuster in DTS. Especially when he is part owner of DTS. But I guess with Lucas being involved he did not want to put up with Lucas having a tantrum or something. So the consumer that wants it in DTS gets cheated :thumbsdown: . I am sure that the transfer is going to be top notch and I am not saying I wouldn't buy it. But why should Lucas care if it has DTS added to it. He will still make his cut of the profits one way or the other. I just think this entire thing of not including DTS sucks!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
There's more material that is unaccounted for:

Trailers:
Raiders: 1 that i know of
TOD: at least 2
LC: at least 2
Could show trailers from other countries (T2 anyone?) or tv spots as well.
When "Raiders" was gearing up for its release, I clearly remember seeing a 30-second TV spot on one of the big three networks for the sneak preview of the film a week before its release date.

There is in fact a teaser for "Temple of Doom" that was placed at the head of the very first VHS release of "Raiders" when it came out. No footage from "Temple of Doom" in the trailer, a lot of text captions with narration: "Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones journey across the world... to bring you the most spectacular adventure yet: 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'!" (cue Ford from "Raiders"): "Trust me." Followed by a scroll of some of the main credits, with narration: "For the summer of '84 from Paramount Pictures."

And there was at least one TV spot for "Last Crusade", 30 seconds, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks