What's new

Details: Ella Enchanted (Fullscreen only!) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Just announced from Miramax Home Entertainment is Ella Enchanted starring Anne Hathaway.

Due on on August 24th, the DVD will come with a fullscreen-only transfer, DD5.1, an audio commentary track (with Hathaway, Hugh Darcy, and director Tommy O'Haver), "The Magical World of Ella Enchanted" featurette, deleted & extended scenes, a "Red Carpet" premiere special, "It's Not Just Make Believe" music video, Prince Charmont's Fan Club set-top game, trailers and "Happily Ever After" DVD-ROM features.

Retail is $29.99.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Hopefully this means open matte, but somehow I doubt it. This wouldn't be the first family flick Miramax has buggered up with a fullscreen-only transfer.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Unbelievable. I saw & enjoyed Ella Enchanted & was looking forward to adding it to my library. Not gonna happen though, open matte or not.:thumbsdown:

This is very disappointing news. I was looking very forward to owning this title. I even saw it twice in theaters. Now It won't be part of my collection. :thumbsdown:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
While I'm NOT saying Miramax won't release Ella Enchanted full screen only, I'm not worrying over it just yet as there have been an alarmingly high amount of posts around here the past few months of posters fretting over such "announcements" only to have the DVD released wide screen after all.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
This absolutely boggles the mind. Big, mainstream theatrical release comes out on DVD in 2004 without a widescreen option? How many millions of widescreen plasma, DLP, LCD and CRT sets have been sold in the past 2 to 3 years, maybe 10 million? These cutting edge home theater families don't deserve to enjoy this movie in the proper ratio? Let's hope Disney changes their mind before the release date comes, but I'm not betting on it.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
What really makes me mad is when they announce a fullscreen flick that has 5.1 surround. Last time I checked most people with a 5.1 sound system are serious about home theater and are the types who would appreciate the widescreen option.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
That really sucks if that is how they are going to release it. I had every intention of buying the DVD when it came out... not anymore.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Bugger... Thanks for the heads up. I was looking forward to adding this to my library. Guess I will pass on it.

With luck they will announce a Widescreen version as well.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
This is terrible news. I haven't seen this in the theater, but it looked interesting, and I was planning on at least giving it a rental. Not anymore. I do hope Disney changes it's mind on this one.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
:rolleyes:I can't believe that this still goes on. Well, the kids will have to wait once again because of Mirahacks.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The theatrical OAR was 1.85:1, matted widescreen.

I saw some frame samples on the Film-Tech website and the film appears to be 1.37:1 on the actual prints.

Still a dumb move on Miramax's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks