What's new

Pre-Order Despicable Me 3 (4k UHD) (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91Q9WOoDHUL._SY679_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
You know, while I expect 3D Blu Ray releases are going to dry up in the not too distant future, the way the studios are doing these 4K/3D separately releases does not make much sense to me. If they want to grow 4K which is still niche as this point, why make your primary market at this moment of enthusiasts have to choose between 4K and 3D (I can't imagine even the most die-hards buying both). I know a few 4K releases also include the 3D version and I think that's the best solution. It doesn't cut out any non 4K capable people since all 4K releases that I know of include the Blu Ray and since the 4K release is premium it should represent the available configurations of the film (i.e. 3D is there was a 3D theatrical release). Everyone wins, the people who want to enjoy 4K and 3D and the studios who would move more 4K units and maybe encourage others to buy into the format.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Might be easier budget wise for them. They know that 4K/Blu/Streaming is the longer term item that will appeal to 99% of the shoppers and since 3D is pretty much dead at home, if they have a minimal amount of leftover 3D inventory it will be easier to dump off cheap somewhere vs. adding the extra costs to the 4K bundle.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Might be easier budget wise for them. They know that 4K/Blu/Streaming is the longer term item that will appeal to 99% of the shoppers and since 3D is pretty much dead at home, if they have a minimal amount of leftover 3D inventory it will be easier to dump off cheap somewhere vs. adding the extra costs to the 4K bundle.

However, 3D blus are still being manufactured and released for the time being. We're not talking about remaining inventory yet.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Yes they are for now. Just saying keeping them separate from the bigger sellers helps alleviate costs for the manufacturers. When 3D is not cost effective, they won't have to worry about having the dead stock packed into the better setter packs. A single 3D disc pack would be easier to sell off cheap.

Did manufacturers bundle HD-DVD with Blu discs after HD-DVD died? I don't recall that happening. That's sort of what I'm getting at.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yes they are for now. Just saying keeping them separate from the bigger sellers helps alleviate costs for the manufacturers. When 3D is not cost effective, they won't have to worry about having the dead stock packed into the better setter packs. A single 3D disc pack would be easier to sell off cheap.

Did manufacturers bundle HD-DVD with Blu discs after HD-DVD died? I don't recall that happening. That's sort of what I'm getting at.

But using DM3 as the example here, why go the the trouble of producing 2 skus (in addition to the standard BD and the DVD) when you can satisfy your enthusiast base by including the 3D disc with the 4K and be done with it? That's how the new "Ghostbusters" and "Passengers" were done. If you wanted 3D all you had to do was buy the 4K release and you were still good to go even if you didn't have 4K equipment because the Blu rays were also included.

The BD and HD-DVD thing is a totally different situation. For one, they were competing formats with different studios behind them and even if it was just about unloading inventory, by the time HD-DVD died there was bot enough adoption at that point where it would have made much sense to bundle. "Here's the (whatever) Blu-Ray and included is a mini frisbee!"

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm guessing in their minds, the 3D "enthusiasts" buyer base isn't significant enough anymore to warrant such a packaging requirement.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Perhaps they make a fraction of the 3D packs and whatever is left won't account for a big loss. Who knows. Like someone pointed out, soon they won't be making any of the discs anyway so it won't be an issue.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Something tells me Universal canceled the 3D release of this title. That is unless it's exclusive to Best Buy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Everything points toward D3 3D between canceled in teh US/Can

Still plenty of international options and Universal is almost always Region Free even for those that aren't already modded. I think the AUS item is already availalble and confirmed Region Free.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FROM THE HIGHEST-GROSSING ANIMATED FILM FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME, GRU AND HIS MINIONS MAKE MERRY MAYHEM IN THE YEAR’S #1 ANIMATED COMEDY

DESPICABLE ME 3

0c7f0b05-6ced-4c3a-a2d9-6286adb2824a.png

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURING AN ALL-NEW MINI-MOVIE, MINION MOMENTS & MORE!

AVAILABLE ON DIGITAL NOVEMBER 21, 2017 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, DVD AND ON DEMAND ON DECEMBER 5, 2017 FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, October 4, 2017 – Illumination and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment present Despicable Me 3 on Digital and Digital 3D November 21, 2017 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand December 5, 2017. The characters beloved by everyone – Gru, his wife Lucy, their three adorable daughters—Margo, Edith and Agnes—and the Minions provide hours of family fun in this heartwarmingly subversive comedy from Academy Award®-nominated producer Chris Meledandri (Despicable Me Franchise) and directors Pierre Coffin (Despicable Me Franchise) and Kyle Balda (Minions 1 & 2, The Lorax). Hailed as “the best Despicable Me movie yet,” by Ali Plumb of BBC Radio 1, with over $949 million in global ticket sales, Despicable Me 3 is the ultimate holiday gift, with almost an entire hour of exclusive bonus features including an all-new mini-movie, a never-before-released deleted scene, and much more!

Illumination, the studio that brought you Sing, The Secret Life of Pets and the Despicable Me franchise, continues the adventures of Gru and his family in Despicable Me 3. After he is fired from the Anti-Villain League for failing to take down Balthazar Bratt (Trey Parker, “South Park,” Team America: World Police), the latest evil mastermind to threaten humanity, Gru finds himself in the midst of a major identity crisis. But when a mysterious stranger shows up to inform Gru that he has a long-lost twin brother — a brother who desperately wishes to follow in his twin’s despicable footsteps — the former super-villain rediscovers just how good it feels to be bad.

Academy Award® nominee Steve Carell (Foxcatcher) reprises his hilarious role as reformed criminal mastermind Gru, as well as his newly discovered twin, Dru. The all-star voice cast also features Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids, Despicable Me 2), Miranda Cosgrove (Despicable Me 1 & 2, School of Rock), Steve Coogan (The Secret Life of Pets, Philomena), Jenny Slate (Zootopia, The Secret Life of Pets), Dana Gaier (Despicable Me 1 & 2) and legendary singer and actress Julie Andrews (The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins).

Despicable Me 3 will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and Digital. The 4K Ultra HD will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray™ disc.

• 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
  • Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
  • DIGITAL lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
  • All-New Mini Movie The Secret Life of Kyle
  • Minion Moments — Watch the Minions cause more hilarious mayhem with Gru
  • Deleted Scene — With intro by Dana Gaier, the voice of Edith
  • Character Profiles — The inside scoop on the most popular characters, from the actors who play them
  • The Making of Despicable Me 3 — A behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie
  • Developing Dru — Behind the scenes character development of Dru
  • The AVL Files — Through the lens of the Anti-Villain League’s hi-tech database, this ultra secret, interactive surveillance briefing showcases all of the agency’s amazing creations and top agents
  • Freedonia Visitors Guide — Welcome to Freedonia! See all that the town has to offer with this interactive map. From its world class cheese, to its beautiful coastline, Freedonia has it all!
  • Despicable Me TV — Tune in for some fabulous fun with these Despicable Me 3 infomercials. Includes “Balthazar Bratt Action Figure,” “Bad Boy Bod by Balthazar Bratt” and “Agnes’ Super Cute, Incredibly Amazing Toy Sale.”
  • “Doowit” Sing-Along — Sing along with Pharrell Williams as the Minions plot their escape from prison
  • “Yellow Light” Music Video — Official music video by Pharrell Williams
  • Minion Mugshots — The Minions add to the long list of celebrity mugshots in their very own “rogues gallery.”
  • Wanted Posters — Have you seen these Minions wanted for various crimes?

FILMMAKERS:
Cast: Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Trey Parker, Miranda Cosgrove, Steve Coogan, Jenny Slate, Dana Gaier, Julie Andrews
Directed By: Pierre Coffin, Kyle Balda
Produced By: Chris Meledandri, Janet Healy
Executive Produced By: Chris Renaud
Written By: Cinco Paul, Ken Daurio
Co-directed By: Eric Guillon
Score By: Heitor Pereira
Original Songs and Themes By: Pharrell Williams
Edited By: Clare Dodgson

DOLBY VISION:
Despicable Me 3 4K Ultra HD is available in Dolby Vision™. Leveraging the HDR innovation that powers Dolby’s most advanced cinemas around the world, Dolby Vision transforms the TV experience in the home by delivering greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – 4K ULTRA HD:
Street Date: December 5, 2017
Copyright: 2017 Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Number: 61190396 (US)/ 61190397 (CDN)
Running Time: 1 hour, 29 minutes
Layers: BD-66
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40:1
Rating: PG for action and rude humor
Video: 2160p UHD Dolby Vision/HDR 10
Sound: English DTS:X, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1, French DTS Digital Surround 5.1, Spanish DTS-
HD High Resolution Audio 7.1
Language/Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – 3D BLU-RAYTM:
Selection Number: 61180677 (US)/ 61180675 (CDN)
Layers: BD-50
Video: 1080p High-Definition
Sound: English DTS:X, Dolby Digital 2.0 and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1, French DTS Digital
Surround 5.1, Spanish DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1
Language/Subtitles English SDH, French and Spanish

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – BLU-RAYTM:
Selection Number: 6118066 (US)/ 6118068 (CDN)
Layers: BD-50
Video: 1080p High-Definition
Sound: English DTS:X, Dolby Digital 2.0 and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1, French DTS Digital
Surround 5.1, Spanish DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1

TECHNICAL INFORMATION – DVD
Selection Number: 61180665 (US)/ 61180676 (CDN)
Layers: DVD-9
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Sound: English, Spanish and French Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting to see the 3D tech specs included -- maybe changed their mind (or forgot to remove it), maybe a retailer exclusive mentioned above.
It does seem to be odd that this is 10 wks after the AUS and a month after the EU releases.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best Buy still has DM3 3D listed for pre-order.

Though I see Deep Discount does as well, so maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered it from Target last month so will wait for a formal cancellation notice before getting too upset. I noticed Universal does have The Great Wall in 3D on Vudu, which wasn't released on disc here but I got that from France- would still rather import than go digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks