What's new

DESPERATLY need your HELP for set-up. (1 Viewer)

Elmo

Grip
:frowning:
My situation is this, I have a Toshiba 2108 dvd linked opticaly to a Technics ac-300 DD processor and then feed to my Kenwood THX amp. My question is I also have my previous processor a Kenwood THX prologic kc-x1. i would like to know if there any way i can utilize this processor in my set-up as it is a shame at the price i originaly paid this kenwood it does 'nt do anything. I was thinking can i feed the surround output cable from dvd to an input of kenwood processor and then refeed to amp? Would this work? has anyone one tried such set-ups with their old Thx processors. I had always like the sonic sound of the decorrelation of rears. What happens when yhou feed a DD rear signal thru a Thx processor for rears(surrounds)?.
Any input /insight/ suggestions here or e-mailed to me is MUCH appreciated.
regards
Mike

Mike Bledsoe

Stunt Coordinator
In todays digital world why would you ever want to play around with Pro Logic anyway. Save you money and join the digital revolution

Lando P

Agent
Do you have an extra channel from your amp? Or maybe with a monoblock amp you can set up a homemade 6.1 matrix. If there's an audio input to your KC-X1 try connecting the L/R surround out from the SHAC-300 processor to L/R main in to your KC-X1. Then the main out from KC-X1 to L/R surround-designated channels of your Kenwood amp.

Then set your pro-logic decoder to 3-channel stereo and connect the center output to another amp and you have a pseudo EX-surround. I'm not familiar with the pro-logic pre-amp, but if it has a speaker line out then I guess you won't need an amp.

You might have to do some tests to set the correct volume level from your KC-X1.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks