Desperately Seeking Comments For 'James And The Giant Peach' DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Edwin Pereyra, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Would those familiar with this DVD post some comments about this title? I am particularly interested in the picture and audio transfer. Thanks.

~Edwin

2. Rain

Rain Producer

The film has been reformatted to 1.66:1 on DVD. I'm not sure why, but I think this was also done for A Nightmare Before Christmas. It's not anamorphic.

Other than that, I have no complaints about audio or video quality whatsoever. I'm happy with the purchase.

Sorry, I don't have any technical specs on me as I don't have the disc handy at the moment.

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Yes, no 16x9 but at 1.66:1, it could have been worse. The picture quality is slightly grainy with colours slightly muted in the live action scenes but this may have been how the original was (I don't know). The audio is good. Not a whole lot happens in the live action parts but while animated (particularly the destruction of the mechanical shark) there is a good bit of LFE there. It is touted as a special edition and there are some exttras there, but not enough to earn that title as a SE.

4. Rain

Rain Producer

5. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
  6. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Thanks, all. This one is on sale for $12. Certainly, one can't go wrong with that price.

~Edwin