What's new

Desperately searching for stores to listen! (1 Viewer)

JordanRice

Agent
I am a soon to be 1st time HT owner, but I have one problem. I live in NY right outside of the Bronx, and I cant find a store to listen to suggested systems to save my life. I am willing to drive up to an hour to go to a store in NY NJ or CT which has a GOOD listening room and selection. I want to get a polk system. (I heard my cousins set up and love it, even he by the way is in NC)

So far, I am almost dead set on:

Polk RTI8's for the front
CSI5 center
and an SVS either pb-10 or 12 (depends on my budget)
Either rti4's or fxi3's for surround

But, I cant find any stores that have rti's or fxi's to listen to. Circuit City and PC Richards are horrible, and the other stores around me that I've been to so far only carry really expensive stuff.

Anybody in the NY area with any knowledge please HELP.

JordanRice

Agent
Thanks Phil, but Polk's site mainly has circuit city and pc richards, I went to Electronics Expo which Polk gave me, but I still havent heard the fxi3's which I'm dying to try out.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Jordan, you're welcome - Circuit City is probably one of their main dealers. I think there were 40+ dealers within 25 miles. Some may just be install dealers that carry in-walls or other selected models. Some speaker manuf. like Thiel not only have a list of dealers but a list of what speakers those dealers carry. It does become helpful with such a decent size of the segment concentraing on installs vs. just retail. Much more potential for profit in custom installs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks