What's new

Desperate Housewives season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I absolutely hate the Susan storyline so far this season. I know TPTB are determined to keep Mike & Susan apart to increase the romantic tension as much as possible, but I wish they would end it as soon as possible. I hate where this is headed with

Edie making Mike think that he was desperately in love with her and Susan is the town tramp

Even with all the niggling problems I have, I'm glad to see Marc Cherry is back in the driver's seat. I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I thought it was a good episode only in the sense that it set up a lot of "returns" for next week. There will be three!

1) Carlos returning to his house (and kicking Gabi out)

2) Mike coming out of his coma

3) Andrew actually returning home to mama.

All these returns may make the show return to "normal." However, this particular episode didn't seem much like a "Desperate Housewives" episode since so little of it took place on Wisteria Lane. Next week, I hope they get back to the core 'feel' of the show, having the four housewives together in at least one scene. I really do not understand the negativity directed towards this show; it has to stop. There's nothing wrong with this show! I thought Gabi caught in the suitcase was typical DH. I also liked the bickering in the car between Nora and Lynette. I loved Nora's explanation of how her hitchhiking adventure ended badly.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
without spoiling much, did anyone else feel like they're aging John way too fast? it's as if he was out of college and a good seven-eight years older than he was in season one, when his character is only a year and a half/two years older than he was at the beginning.

I just hope they don't do this to Andrew too

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
John would be around 19-20 years old now. Landscaping isn't rocket science, but you could do well in that line of work if you have enough business savvy (by book or by experience).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

true, but the way he was dressing and the way he acted like he had it all together now was like he was at least 25, not still a teenager

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It's amazing what a little money can do. Don't forget his future father-in-law is fronting his lifestyle. That gave him an instant leap ahead with his business.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that's what drove season1, the big question of why suicide and all the mystery. after that was resolved, the series pretty much should have ended.

if this show is going to come w/o murder mystery, well, what's the difference between the daytime soaps... actually scratch that, it was already a soap if you lookup last year's thread on season2 =).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season 2 did have a murder mystery, the audience just didn't really care about how it was going to resolve itself like in season 1

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was glad Carlos dumped Gabby's ass out on the side of the road. Classic!

While the episode was enjoyable, it was lacking some overall oomph, perhaps it was still more of a "setup" episode for more payoffs to come in later episodes.

Lynnette's subplot seemed like filler.

Bree's subplot seems to have the most potential for more nasty developments. Bree was giving the viewers alot of "face".

Susan's subplot is getting stale. Looks like Edie peek at Mike's junk has motivated her to turn Mike against Susan (plus all the other bits of animosity that has builts up these 2 years).

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Gabby was actually quite an idiot in last night's episode. Her attempt get Carlos arrested was juvenile, then her seemingly love tap on the officers was predictable then finally her impecible timing to tell Carlos she slept with the lawn guy again in the middle of nowhere was just classic. It's she couldn't buy a clue from her own yardsale.

Bree situation is actually keeping my wife and my self on edge somewhat. The pyscho she married appeared to be fine until he found out that Mike came out of his coma. All in all not a bad episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/22/06

Gabby's attempts at getting Carlos jealous were mildly funny.

Lynnett is going to be not so happy when she finds out Nora convinced her hubby to go for his pizza place dream. Nora is scheming to break them up anyway she can.

Bree and her daughter - looks like the vindictive gene is hereditary. After all the trouble Bree goes to get the history teacher out of her daughter's life, she was so proud when her daughter does the heavy lifting on her own after the history teacher broke up with her. Orson flying off after Andrew made fun of Danielle's suicide attempt has to make you go "hmm..."

Susan's attempt to jog Mike's memory is a limited success, and she and Edie finally have it out and each knows where the other stands now. Looks like that number on the dead woman leads to Mike, and it would be a good thing for him to keep playing the amnesia victim.

Didn't much enjoy the subplot with the teenagers (Susan's daughter and Edie's nephew).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess now we know why Orson ran him over...must have witnessed something.

I'm enjoying this season, but I have no interest in the whole Edie/Susan/Mike pseudo love triangle. In fact, over the last two seasons, Susan has transformed into such an annoying unlikable character to the point where I hope even Edie "wins" out over her.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode, interesting to see what Mike know's about the murder. Bree, sheesh she has absolutely no control of her household and her children. The guy who want's to open the Pizza shop and his wife is a little interesting and it will be fun to see how this turns out nextweek with the one night stand girl trying to break him away from the family. .

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/29/06

So at least we now know the Mike-Orson connection: Monique, who appears to have gotten around quite a bit, it would seem.

Don't mess with Lynette, she's a frikkin' sociopath, or worse yet, a desperate housewife!

Boozan I would tolerate, but Susan is too spineless most of the time.

Carlos came up with a good plan, too bad he didn't foresee getting tossed out the window...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
imho, i wouldn't marry lynette in the first place. my god what a controlling bitch. are all wives like this? i pray not... else i might not ever marry! she's so manipulative and evil at times. hope she dies in the next episode =).

but in terms of T&A, this episode's got it in spades!!!! :P

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Well, when your wife weighs 95 lbs. soaking wet and you are 80-100 lbs. heavier, you probably don't expect that to happen due to the laws of physics and types of glass used in modern construction. :)

Regards,

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First all wives aren't like that;) and second if her current husband wasn't a murderer, he'd be perfect for her. Both Anal, controlling, manipulative. Next week looks to be very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks