What's new

Desperate Housewives season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
It's a soap. What can you expect? I'm enjoying it. Just wait until the finale when Bree's long lost twin sister arrives in town, pregnant with triplets and screaming about the horse track that Bree has inherited due to her father's death...
:D

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator

How did Bree let her husband die? He was in the hospital because the psycho pharmacist was switching his medication. She had no knowledge of that. Remember, they finally reconciled and she thought they were going to live happily ever after before he died.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
She watched him have his heart attack, purposefully moving slowly rather than calling 911. This was after the Pharmacist has told her some skewed truths, clouding her mind about Rex's love for her.

So what was all that last season about Zack's missing sister (as I interpreted it)? He was in a psycho-ward and it was connected with a girl's name. Was that his natural mother being referenced? I've missed a connector somewhere.

Lynette's husband needs to get it together. If he fails at both breadwinner and homemaker, he'll be in bad shape.

I do agree the show puts me off at times, with overly unlikable character traits. Carlos and Gabby are often tiresome. Bree watching Rex die makes it difficult to enjoy and empathize with her character.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The "Sister" named Dana was Zach himself. It's a gender neutral name. They started calling him Zach when they stole him. He was led to believe he killed his sister, but in reality there was no sister.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I finally watched the premiere. Overall weak. I thought the interplay between Bree and her mother in law was boring and the tie replacement at the Funeral was a bit over the top even for Bree. The whole Susan reaction to Mike having a kid was pathetic. Make up your mind already.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It wasn't that he had a kid, it was that the kid was Zach. She thought he was creepy to begin with. Then he was nearly stalking her daughter, reacting explosively in her house. And then, he held her at gunpoint, threatening to kill her boyfriend. I thought her reaction was reasonable.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So...are we going to use this thread for the DH season or does a new one need to be started?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So I didn't think last night's ep had much to it. We get a bit of POSSIBLE history with the new family, but who knows if she's telling the truth?

And I found the whole setup for Bree as a suspect for foul play a bit too "Three's Company" in that nobody talks to each other but just assumes a bunch of stuff.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This was a very lackluster episode. None of the storylines sat up and spoke to me like they usually do, though I did LOL when Lynette had her conversation with the bashed in rat. That scene totally cinches why she won the emmy.

Well, we know she was lying on some level. We can assume, for now, that the man chained up is her husband. She went to the psychiatrist and lied in order to get the sleeping pills to solve her problem with Susan re: the noise.

This storyline was the most interesting of the night, but that's not saying a lot. I hope next week get better now that the insurance investigator/police are involved in Rex's death.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
IMO, this program is losing its footing a bit. They wrapped up a few key plotlines and the new ones they've replaced them with just don't do much for me. The show can still be funny when it wants to be, but now I find myself biding my time waiting for the next gag rather than actually involving myself in any of the storylines. The Susan/Mike relationship has become a real snoozefest and I can't take Bree's mother-in-law at all. Highlight of the show for me was seeing science teacher "Arzt" from Lost as the insurance investigator.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, as far as I'm concerned Bree slapping her mother-in-law made watching the episode worthwhile all by itself. :) The rat was a bonus.

Regards,

Joe

Larry*P

Agent
Admittedly, I didn't watch this show last year, my wife did and I caught maybe 2 episodes.

I've watched both this year and I think this show has more than lost it's way, it's awful. Most of the characters are not likable or interesting, combine that with uninteresting/unbelievable story lines and this show is a Titanic.

Has any show ever fallen so far so fast?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? :D At least with that program, I honestly think it was due to overexposure...

I don't know if I am at the same place as you with regards to DH, Larry, but you certainly make a good point!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought the second episode was a big improvement over the season premiere. More friction between Edie and Susan is always good, the battle between Bree and her mother-in-law is great comedy and drama, there's always the tension inherent in wondering if at some point Daniel Roebuck will explode like he did on "Lost" ;), and the episode had a decent theme about battling for control that made it work as a standalone in addition to pushing the season arc forward. One thing that could have made it better is if they had more interactions with the lead characters.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally got to see a glimpse of the gimp! Otherwise, this show is getting sillier and sillier.

Gabby did get more substantial scenes in this episodes.

Will Roger trip up? Obviously he's a sociopath, but I'm sure the writer will find a clever but unexpected way to shine the light of justice on him and his culpability in Rex's death.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
An ok episode I thought...

Not sure why, but I don't have the same excitement watching it this season as I did last season.

I hope they can liven things up and avoid to many sitcom situations like the one with Lynette and her webcam/spilled coffee last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks