Desperate for Speaker Advice

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by John S.D., Mar 4, 2004.

1. John S.D.

John S.D. Auditioning

Hello,

I am very new to the forum, and am counting on everyones expertise. I am in the process of designing my multi- purpose home theater. It will be located in my finished lower level but will not be a dedicated theater room. The room is very open to the billiard area and wet bar.

I am stuck on a speaker choice

I have been "directed" to the Nautilus 804's ($3200) With a Center HTM2. The rear speakers would be 2- 8" in ceiling speakers.

In short, I am looking for a lower cost alternative. They will probably be used for movies (85%) and music (15%). The receiver recommended was an Integra DTR 8.4.

Will this be enough to drive those speakers??

I just don't know enough to make an informed decision, and the choices are overwhelming.

I hope I have provided enough information for some help.
    (I am looking at an Integra DPS 8.3 DVD and a Sharpvision 10000 with a Firehawk screen just in case it matters.)

Thanks so much for your help...John

2. Shannon S.

Shannon S. Stunt Coordinator

If you like B&W, try listening to the 700 series or even the 600 series. Some other nice speakers are made by Paradigm, Infinity, Definitive Technology, just to name a few of the lines out there. Just pick what sounds right for you in your price range.[​IMG]