Desperado Superbit

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Noel, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Holy cow! The sound on this DVD is amazing! Some of the guys in my hall, I live in a "dorm," could not believe how crisp and clear the DTS track sounded.
    As someone state with another Superbit DVD, I too could not listen to the movie at my normal listening levels, which are -30dB to -28dB. For the majority of the movie, I had it at -34.
    As for the video quality, all I can say is that is looked very good. I cannot comment very well since my TV does not accept S-Video or Component signals. Nor can I cannot compare it to the previous Desperado DVD. But it did look very clean and smooth. I did not notice any EE, although I don't have that good of an eye.
    Hopefully, more people will comment on this DVD!
    ------------------
    God bless!
    jeffrey noel
    My DVD Collection

2. Kwang Suh

Kwang Suh Supporting Actor

This DVD is AMAZING!! I can't believe how good it looks! And the DTS!! WOW! Definitely the BEST DVD I've seen since, well, the FE, AFO, CTHD Superbits [​IMG]

3. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

YES! YES! Give us more SuperBits! All studios should be doing this. Superior video and the DTS tracks are fantastic, we want more!

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I will agree too!
    Desperado had superior sound(DTS) and picture.
    The next referense DVD!
    Anybody who hasn't bought this yet, please do!
    ------------------

5. eltres

eltres Auditioning

what does the cover look like for these "superbits" dvd'd? does it say "superbits" on the covers???

6. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

The dvd cases are almost identical to the original non-superbits release, except with the back containing a picture of the simplified Superbits menu and DTS indicated as a part of the features. The cases themselve come inside a thin, silver colored sleeve with "SUPERBIT" indicated at the top. In the midle of the silver case, a smaller picture of the DVD case cover is positioned in the middle. Same for the other side. The sleeve is deceivingling "aluminimum-like", similar to the T2 UE, when it is, in fact, really only card board.
    Elbert

7. Adrian_P

Adrian_P Stunt Coordinator

Desperado sounds like a sure purchase. Already pre-ordered it as I have been meaning to own this cool flick on DVD for a while.

8. John Stone

John Stone Supporting Actor

9. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if the gun fight scene at the end of this movie will ever be added back in? If I get the Superbit, I really don't want to buy the movie again.
    Jeff

10. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

Has anyone else had sync problems on the DTS track? I watched mine last night and couldn't get sound and picture to synch up properly for the DTS track. It worked fine for DD5.1 and the problem persisted after I changed players. For reference, I'm using both the Skyworth and Malata players. Maybe I should return my disc and get a replacement...

11. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I, too, noticed a lip sync problem with the DTS track. Although I only noticed it once, at the very end of the movie.
    It was when Salma Hayek says, "I want you to thank me right now!" This is not very good news if others notice it. I hope it's not on every DVD.
    Anyone else notice it?
    ------------------
    God bless!
    jeffrey noel
    My DVD Collection

12. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I didn't notice a sync problem on my RP91.
    Re: the topic, this DVD is a leaps-and-bounds improvement over the original (which I have now traded in for credit). Keep in mind this is not only due to the extra bits, but the fact that they used a different, and seemingly better, transfer for this DVD. It was obvious from the opening credits, the red letters were solid and well defined where there was a little bit of bleeding or softness on the old DVD. It only got better from there. Salma's never looked better on my home system (RP91 -> component video -> PT-47)