What's new

'Desperado' Superbit review is up (1 Viewer)

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Hi,
after my favorable review of 'The Fifth Element' SB in this http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum15/HTML/031408.html )
I also finally got Phantom Manace today. Prepare for some comments on that one, too. Don't expect them to be pretty.
Soundtrack A/B of SB's and TPM with graphs will probably also happen this week.
Regards
Bjoern
btw. Please let me know if you have problems/glitches/errors on my homepage. Thanks!
------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide
[Edited last by Bjoern Roy on October 15, 2001 at 02:28 PM]

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I also finally got Phantom Manace today. Prepare for some comments on that one, too. Don't expect them to be pretty.

As long as it's not as bad as Cast Away, I'll be allright.
I thought the picture and sound on Desperado was great. Will find out about AF1 when it arrives with TPM tomorrow.

HenrikTull

Second Unit
I'm sorry Robert but I disagree. Having both Cast Away and a high-end setup this transfer looks really good to me. There is some edge-enhancement there, but it's medicore at best/worst. Forrest Gump on the other hand looks nasty!
------------------
A Little Slice of Heaven

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I also finally got Phantom Manace today. Prepare for some comments on that one, too. Don't expect them to be pretty
I can't wait til you comment on the audio.
biggrin.gif

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Ron,
of course it is. How many Col/Tri transfers have you seen that are not anamorphic? Even if they don't print it anywhere or announce it, you can bet its 16:9.
William,
Cast Away and Forrest Gump are practically EE free in comparison to some scenes in TPM.
------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
How many Col/Tri transfers have you seen that are not anamorphic?
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (movie-only edition) :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Bjoern, I just finished watching this and was totally amazed. I liked your review and it was cool looking for the things you had mentioned. One thing I would be interested in hearing your opinion on is the scene in the nightclub in the beginning. When he gets on the bar and is walking it appears that there is a lot of ringing(I hope I'm using the correct term) when he is in front of the vertical lights on the wall. Just a scene that really jumped out at me. I would really like to see a side by side in your review to see how much of a difference there is.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Matthew,
wink.gif
Exception to the rule and so forth... I think i also have another one or two, but it should be save to say that 99% of all Col/Tri movies are anamorphic?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Bjoern,
so when do we get to read your scathing review (with lots of pics to illustrate the travesty) of the Phantom Menace?
eagerly waiting...
dave :)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
From Bjoern's TPM review...
ring said:
I believe Fox had zero input in the transfer - if I recall correctly it was completely in the hands of Lucasfilm and THX.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks