Desperado superbit - rather large thumbs up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris c, Nov 15, 2001.

1. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

Watched the superbit Desperado last night. I must say this is the best I have heard my system sound. The opening sequence with Antonio Banderas singing/playing guitar to the crowd was jaw-dropping (my system is geared more towards music than explosions (EAD/Theta/Proac with a cheapo, but serviceable JBL sub). Picture is outstanding as well, with the qualifier that is was screened on a 32" TV. Worth every penny. I also have the Fifth Element superbit which is a less obvious, yet definite improvement over the previous release. Ron was right about Desperado superbit being the biggest improvement (a remarkable achievement since he had never seen the original DVD)

2. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

I also bought this movie on Superbit but I wasn't empressed.
    It does look good but so do DUSK BEFORE DAWN, THE PATRIOT and a bunch of other dvds that are not Superbit. I didn't compare it to the regular DESPARADO dvd. To that I'm sure it looks great.

3. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I agree Superbits really shines when the soundtrack has alot of music as Desperado does.
    The flamenco guitar was vibrant and the rest of the guitar laden soundtrack was outstanding with Carlos Santana, Mark Knoffler, Link Wray, Los Lobos, etc.
    I can't wait for Gattaca Superbit to hear what Sony has done with another sweet soundtrack.

4. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Both "The Fifth Element" & "Desperado" superbits are terrific (A+ picture & A+ audio). At times, the PQ comes close to the HDTV shows on CBS & PBS.