What's new

Desperado/El Mariachi SEs (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The Bits and DavisDVD are reporting that SEs of Desperado and El Mariachi, as well as a 2-pack of both, will come out on 8/26. No specs though.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I'm hoping it will have the directors cut of Desperado with the final shootout! Does Columbia do Unrated or NC-17?

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
So this is the fourth release of Desperado. How many releases does it take to get it right? I'm guessing this is to cash in on Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
The Superbit version of Desperado improved on the video and audio quality of the previous editions. How can the new SE improve or even retain the same transfer of the Superbit version? They will need to put the movie only on one disc and extras on a second - we're not sure they are going to do that, are we?

I am looking forward to El Mariachi SE though!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Somewhere I read where the Superbit of Desperado was the best looking of all the SB titles, at least at the time, for being truly mastered from a high definition source.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to get Desperado. I never got any of the previous releases, because as I recall they were all more or less bare-bones. Hopefully this SE will feature a commentary or two, and be uncut or have deleted scenes.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
As good as that mythic final shoot-out may be, I think Desperado is just fine as it is, but the shoot-out as an unrated extra would be a nice touch. The original double-pack is bloody good value IMO, although the PAL version's picture is far superior to the NTSC dvd. And I heard somewhere that the new Mariachi SE will have the same extras as the original double-pack version, only the movie will have a Spanish 5.1 track instead of 2.0. So I ain't getting too excited about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks