What's new

Desisions, desisions, Which Svs, and which surrounds? Money burnin... (1 Viewer)

Brian.Huep

Agent
Hello guys, As the title denotes, I am looking for...

An Svs sub to fill a 15x11x7 room. The back wall is only a velvet curtain though, so technically there is another 15 feet behind us. There is an unclosable doorway midway back leading into a 30x11x7 room. (Its a split in half basement with a load bearing wall right down the middle)

I was thinking about the 16-46plus one I think it is. The biggest cylinder one. 16hz, 520watt. Is that overkill?

I Will be running a HK 325 receiver, 2 Klipsch Quartet mains, Klipsch academy center channel, and 2 crap pioneer rears.

I am also wondering what rears people would recommend. Keep in mind they will be right against the back wall, (which is only a curtain though), so I am unsure if dipoles, or tri's would work.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
I was thinking about the 16-46plus one I think it is. The biggest cylinder one. 16hz, 520watt. Is that overkill?
Brian, I have that sub, and I will tell you it is not overkill for a room that size. If you want the deepest, sub-sonic movie bass you can get, the 16-46PC-PLUS is the one to get at the >$1,000 price point.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
The Klipsch RS-35's are nice. Take a look at them.

Nice choice on reciever and that is also a very nice sub, good deep strong bass.

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely go with the Klipsch surrounds. As for the sub Tom talked me into the 25-31pc+ because of the size of the room. Remember that the 16 will play the lowest but the 25 will play the LOUDEST :)!

Brian.Huep

Agent
Hehe, I was looking at the PB2+, but I really like the Cylinders. I was considering the pb2 ISD however, seeing as it was $24 more then the 16-46 and has 2 drivers instead of 1 in the 16-46.

It is a fairly small room, but we will be buying another house in 5-6 years, and a larger room for a home theater is a must now. So some growth would be nice.

So far, I have decided on...

SVS Sub, either 20-39, 20-39+, 16-46, 16-46+ or the PB2-ISD if I go box. I plan on faxing a room sketch and see what svs can recommend.

For rears, I am definately going Klipsch, was thinking RS3-II, or maybe some lower end bookshelfs since I don't know if the 3 way rears would sound good up against a curtain.

Thanks for all your help so far guys, much appreciated..

Brian

Brian.Huep

Agent
Thanks again, just got the 20-39+ today, and very quickly hooked it up to hear it. I had tingles running up and down my spine during a couple of matrix battle scenes. I have it on concrete, and it still moves the couch 15 feet away. WoW.

Loving it, but as someone else said, even though you know the dimensions, and you have measured for it, it is A LOT bigger then you can picture. Adjusting is in order.

I also received the HK 325 today, thanks for all that recommended it, it looks incredible. Will be hooking it up this evening.

I have had a HT sub for 8+ years, never knew how to calibrate. The SVS will force me to learn =)

I do have avia and a spl meter, so wish me luck!!!

Going to be the 2nd most fun night in the theater. 1st was the 1st movie of course.

Thanks again guys.....

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks