What's new

DESIGNING WOMEN: "Best of" but no season sets? (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Anyone know anything about the status of DESIGNING WOMEN on DVD? I would definitely buy season sets, but so far, there has been only a "Best of" disc, which I didn't pick up because I was disappointed in the selection of episodes. Of course, I probably should get it, if only to show CTHE that there is a market for the show.

Did anyone here buy the "Best of" disc? How is it, in terms of picture and sound quality?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Its Columbia, so you never know for sure, but that disc came out quite awhile ago...and nothing has been said since then. So it probably didn't do enough to warent season sets, I'm sorry to say.

That's just my guess though, I don't know for sure.

That does bring up an interesting problem though, using best of releases to gage popularity might not be the best way, since fans of the show might just look at the episodes and not care for any of those picked, and thus not buy the set for that reason, not because they're not interested in the series.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
In this case, CTHV worked through the most organized online fan club and took a poll for the fans' favorite episodes, which is what this release represents. I purchased it to show CTHV that there was a market for season sets, but I haven't been able to find out how well it sold... but it has been a year and one would have thought had it sold well CTHV would have announced a S1 release by now.

*sigh* :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks