Designer "beer"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Which one do you like?
    I prefer Smirnoff Ice, but am partial to Bacardi Breezer (don't know about this newfangled Bacardi Silver [​IMG]).

2. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

I like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. yummy

3. Mark Larson

So does anyone else have any comments? [​IMG]

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    That stuff is not "beer".
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ron's is an authoritative voice about beer. Ignore him at your own risk!

(Try asking him if he likes--what's that stuff called?--Zinni. Or something like that. It was a citrus-flavored sort-of beer. Ugh. And let's don't get started on wine coolers, an '80s fad that had died a mercifully quick death.)

7. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    Ron-P said:

8. Mark Larson

9. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I've never seen it in a bottle, but a bar around here has what they call "Snakebite". It's beer and apple cider in a glass. Yum.

10. Michael St. Clair

Man, if any of my friends drank that stuff we would give him so much crap. [​IMG]

11. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

I'm sorry Mark, but I am going to have to go with Ron P. too, yes it's a malted beverage, but is NOT beer! My opinion is that they are horrible!
    However some of my bowling buddies like Zima and other citrus flavored malt beverages, if I drink at all at the lanes I usually go with "Fat Tire" myself.
    But I am a serious bowler wanting to get on tour so I usually don't drink while I am bowling.
    I can recommend some good beer though if your interested, however Ron is the Beer authority around here, so I would take his recommendations.

12. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

13. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Just make sure that when you try a new beer, it is fresh. Some places that began stocking boutique type beers and ales years ago still have some of the same stock. It drives me crazy to see people buy this outdated dreck and then declare that they 'don't like that fancy stuff.'
    Beverage distributors need to realize that they should not buy the same amount of a small brewery's product as they do of Budweiser. I much prefer the small brewery's stuff, but it is difficult to find it fresh. At least Brooklyn Brewery dates their bottles, as does Sam Adams and several others. Sierra Nevada only dates the outside of the case, and Anchor 'codes' their bottles in some indecipherable letters and numbers. Fresh beer made in small batches is great stuff. Seek it out. Now, somebody start a wine thread, please.
    Rant over. [​IMG]

14. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

My wife bought a six-pack of Rick's Hard Lemonade and it says in tiny print on the label: "Lemon flavored beer" or something to that effect.

So, perhaps the brew process is similar.. but I wouldn't call it beer. Like the "clear beer" Miller test marketed (in St Louis, I believe)... it was beer.. it just didn't look like beer.

Dammit.. now I'm thirsty.. I'm off to my favorite biergarten.

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

So it's Zima! Thanks, Sean. See what a deep impression that wretched stuff made on me? (It took me nearly a month to down an entire six-pack--during which month I have no idea how many twelve-packs of Tecate and Pacifico I downed.)

16. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

17. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

18. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

Andrew, you are lucky,
    My friend moved to Richmond and he only drank coors lite before he got there. You folks have weaned him off that crap by the mere fact it wasn't served on atp anywhere he went... Now when he visits he brings me a couple cases of assorted flavors from VA.
    Ron,
    You should start a recommendation thread and give us your faves. We can add as we go, but I am interested in trying all kinds of stuff. I usually have to order it on the net.
    The most surprising beer I have had was Alda pine nut Ale.
    It was on the menu somewhere and the waitress told me"You don't want that, it tastes like a Christmas tree." She came back and asked how I liked it, I said "It's the best Damn Christmas tree I ever drank!"[​IMG]
    dan