What's new

Designated Survivor (ABC>Netflix) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Wow, if half the season is not showed yet, I don't know where they are going. Nobody is left. The bad guys have to be completely off screen and new. They have to bring new people.
You forgot about the mysterious woman played by Mariana Klaveno who forced Atwood to confess. She's still around somewhere.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I've got my eyes on Kirkman's wife...
The bad guys have to be in high places with high power to pull off this (or to be interested in this). Makes no sense for Kirkman's wife to do this or be involved in this. You mean she married him so he could be designated survivor? I don't see how she could be any help if she is an agent.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
All this because agent Wells said that she should get out of the room. :)

The only person I don't like and have doubts about is Aaron. He is too good looking to be the Chief of staff.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
That entire cemetery sequence should be shown in classrooms far and wide as examples of how NOT to write a TV show. There were so many things wrong with it...

But I'm still enjoying the show. :D

I agree. That was awful and very disrespectful to use a cemetery as a "location shooting". Other shows like "Bones" have used cemeteries, but treated the location with respect and not the way this show did.

But like you, I'm still enjoying the show, even with how unbelievable it is. They're starting to run out of characters to kill off, especially with MacLeish and his wife gone, so time to bring in some new ones. :blush:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode dealt with the reprocusions of the MacLeish's demise. So it didn't really move the story ahead much except to learn more about the military action MacLeish and his men were thrown into.

Aaron messed up with Hookstraten, so I was surprised she leaked the story of the VP's actions to kill the shooter making it harder on Kirkman to control the news story. Miss Hookstraten is up to no good.

Thst last shot of Aaron and that guy looked more innocent than what the FBI were seeing. At least to me he seems like he's being set-up.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Who was the guy Aaron met at the end?

And what happened between MacLeish and Catalan? They explained it in this but I wasn't able to follow.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Who was the guy Aaron met at the end?

And what happened between MacLeish and Catalan? They explained it in this but I wasn't able to follow.
It was Charles Langdon, Chief of Staff of President Richmond. Hannah saw him in the woods for some unknown reason.

MacLeish saved Catalan's life in Afghanistan.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was so glad when the President broke the story of the deceased VP making the "shoot to kill" order limiting the amount of political blackmail or backstabbing such knowledge could have generated for his opponents. Now it's up to them to investigate if they can the motives behind such actions and not lay that at the President's doorstep.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
You can see them altering the original direction of the first half of the season with the new show runner. They have nicely managed to get the President's family out of the way as they never really knew what to do with them. They are trying to introduce some new "younger" characters - the people in the press secretary's office and his friends. Wondering if all along they had planned to do the VP in or if that was a decision made to alter the direction of the show. We'll see what develops.
To me the cemetery scene reeked of, "Let's get rid of these two characters as quickly as possible and move on."

Stan

Senior HTF Member
To me the cemetery scene reeked of, "Let's get rid of these two characters as quickly as possible and move on."

That's what I thought. Kind of shocking, but allows the story continue, get rid of the excess baggage. Definitely not following the usual rules of TV, very refreshing in a way.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
As the former President Moss met with Kirkman, it felt like he was going to throw his weight around and try to take over. However a lot of interesting stuff happens in this episode.

I like that Moss helped Kirkman move from reacting to leading and did the unexpected thing to the Rebels because of his urban planning background.

Capturing Langdon lead Wells to realize who Claudine is. But we still don't know who Langdon spoke to who ordered him to have Kirkman be the designated survivor.

Nice that Agents Wells has full control of the investigation, but I couldn't help but have a feeling of something ominous about to happen to her or from her from that last shot of Wells outside. I wasn't sure if we are being manipulated to think she's in on the conspiracy. But that can't be.

Aaron quiting was unexpected, but he had the right reasons. I'd hoped he'd stay. From the previews for next week, I hope he doesn't do what is teased.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And we learned (at least I don't think we knew this before)...that Kirkman wife's mother is...(gasp)...Russian!

And if the wife is in on it...that explains why they'd want Kirkman to be the designated survivor.

Case closed.

:laugh:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
LOL!

But it was a very engrossing episode this week. Really enjoyed the former President giving advice and counsel. Kirkman needs some strength around him for guidance even though he's certainly going to make his own decisions. Wells' future activities will also be very interesting to watch.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Really liking this show. Unlike today when I tried to watch "Pompeii", with Keifer Sutherland doing the worst British accent I've ever heard. Gave it maybe five minutes and "delete".

Surprising how an actor can be so good yet at other times be so awful.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Finally caught up with the last couple episodes.

I liked that the cold open of the episode following the assassination was basically the characters asking the questions Mike raised here.

So far the back half of the season has been more enjoyable than the front half.

Something tells me that Moss is involved in the conspiracy somehow, and is getting involved in a more proactive way after their original plan (MacLeish as president) fell through. There's no reason a past president couldn't serve as cabinet secretary, but most wouldn't want to serve under one of their successors. The two most famous examples of U.S. Presidents in subsequent federal office are John Quincy Adams, who served 18 years (until his death) in the U.S. House of Representatives, and William Howard Taft, who served as Chief Justice of the United States for nine years. But neither were in the executive branch, and neither had a "boss". However, Moss evidently opted not to run for reelection, so he'd be third in the line of succession after Kimble Hookstraten and the new president pro tempore of the Senate since the vice presidency is vacant.

Adan Canto has not been dropped from the main cast, so something tells me we'll be seeing Aaron Shore pop up in another capacity soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks