What's new

Design verification (1 Viewer)

Chris Tullo

Auditioning
Okay, I about ready to jump into DIY subwoofer building. I have built a sealed car sub before and have the building techniques down. The design is what I would like help with. I am looking for home theater bass to add to my existing set-up. I have a Yamaha RX-V800 (100w x 5) and Klipsch Forte II (L&R) FR: 32Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB Sen: 99dB. With a 12” woofer and 15” radiator, they produce pretty good bass but I need better for home theater. This set-up is in a finished basement. The room is approximately 10’ x 20’. My Yamaha cut-off for the sub is 90 Hz. I have an Adcom GFA-545II amp (100w X 2 into 8 ohms) that I would like to use for the subwoofer. I was looking into the Adire Shiva 12” and using a ported design. I could then wire each voice coil to one channel. I was thinking of using a Sonotube design. After using the LspCAD, I was planning on a 160 liter cabinet with two 3” dia. x 10.3” long ports. This seams to get me a pretty flat response to just about 20 Hz. Does anyone have recommendations for me?
Also are there any companies where I can buy an enclosure without the amp (or cut-out)?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
parts express carries a 3 Cu. ft. subwoofer cabinet for $90
only the woofer hole is cut out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks