What's new

design question for those Shiva 54L builders (1 Viewer)

Saydee

Auditioning
I'm planning on building this sub in the next few weeks according to the plans found on Adires website. I selected the PE 250W plate amp. My question is where or how are you getting the plate amp to fit in the box? Are you modding the brace design? Fitting the braces between the components of the amp? Changing the dimensions of the plan?

Any hints or tips on building the 54L?

Thanks.

Dean-P

Stunt Coordinator
Just cut a hole where you want to mount it and modify the brace so the plate amp fits. I mounted mine on the upper back and the shiva on the lower front.

Yeah, I built mine last fall and now I want something louder in the low range(20hz-40hz), so I'm building the 95L vented!:)
The 54L is good at music, but for Ht, I think the 95L vented will be better. It goes louder at the lower freqs as per the charts in the Adire plans.

Anyways, have fun and if you have more questions, send an e-mail. I'm gone this weekend though...

Saydee

Auditioning
Thanks for the response.

I should mention that I'm using 1" MDF stock instead of the spec'ed 3/4". Does anyone know if the plate amps components will straddle the brace (either 1" or 3/4"), or do I need to cut out a section of the brace to accommodate the amp? I'd prefer not build a box for the amp on the outside.

Hmm, you've got me thinking, 95 l. ported... would that sound a little boomy in a 2500 cu. ft. room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks