What's new

design program? (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit
What program can be purchased or downloaded online to design rooms with? I am trying to get WAF on my building a HT room in our garage and I need pictures to help win her over.

John Sayers

Auditioning
For a quick easy to learn program for PC take a look at 'Smartdraw' at smartdraw dot com. Check their site and check out the floorplans demo page.

They offer a trial version for free but it will always have their logo on anything you save and it doesn't have layers.

I use it for all my designs.

Cheers
john

BrianKR

Second Unit
thx Mike and John!

I downloaded smartdraw and it is easy to learn and fun to play with. Did that sound right? :b

Bryan.G

Auditioning
It looks like you were after physical layout of the room. But consider the rooms acoustics planning as well, there’s a program called C.A.R.A (Computer Aided Room Acoustics) from rhintek that helps design the room acoustically.

Havent tried the full version but theres an online "sampler" that was somewhat usefull for my needs.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

JimMAC

Agent
I purchased Punch Home Design Suite for about $59 quite a while ago. Program has a few quirks, but pretty easy to understand and you can throw together a room in a few minutes. You can also add furniture, screens and render the full room view in 3-D, You can fly over or walk through the rooms you design. It will also provide and estimate sheet that will list the items to build the room that you can price out.

http://www.punchsoftware.com/index.htm

Have fun with whatever you choose.
Mac

Costa A

Auditioning
If you want something that is easy to use then I would highly recommend Punch Home design. I use Punch Architectural series 3000 which is $199 but you can buy the standard versions which are cheaper.

If money is no object then you would be looking at 3D programs like Maya, 3DS Max or Lightwave. I use Maya 6 Unlimited, but it would not make sense to spend $7000 to design your home theatre. It also requires a lot of learning.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks