What's new

DeShaun Foster: 301 Yards, 4 TDs against Washington (1 Viewer)

Denward

Supporting Actor
And the UCLA defense is giving up 12 points per game. Could this be the year they finally put it togeter? BCS Championship Game is at the Rose Bowl (UCLA's home field) this year.
icon14.gif

------------------

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from the game and it was an amazing feat to behold. Keep in mind that UW hadn't given up a rushing TD this season.
I am not ready to pencil in my alma mater for an extra home game this January, but if they are fortunate enough to win out in the PAC-10, I do think they deserve to go. They take on Cal next before hitting the road to undefeated Washington State and once-beaten Stanford. Then they host the Oregon Ducks (#5 in one poll). Florida just lost. Miami and VTech will produce only one unbeaten team at most. Oklahoma and Nebraska will only produce one unbeaten team at most. UCLA and Oregon (and WSU although their strength of schedule is horrid outside of the Pac-10) will only produce one unbeaten team at most. So if everyone in each scenario wins out, you'll have 3 unbeaten teams vying for Pasadena. Should be interesting.
I bought my season tix this year just to see DeShaun's last year. He's the kind of back you only see once in a long while at your school. The much improved defense is really a pleasure to watch. However we lose the heart of that defense to graduation next year (Thomas, Anderson, Coleman, Nece) so if UCLA is going to make a run, they need to do it this year.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
They sure look good, but I am not gonna celebrate too soon. They still have some tough games ( @ WSU, Oregon). I got burned once in '98, so I'll wait and see. But things look pretty good. They key is if everyone stays healthy. If we go undefeated, I'm sure we will be in the Rose Bowl.
Henry
[Edited last by Henry C on October 14, 2001 at 12:04 AM]

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the Redskins, who would have imagined this week's NFL Monday Night game will feature two 0-4 teams: Cowboys and Redskins.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
They still have some tough games ( @ WSU, Oregon). I got burned once in '98, so I'll wait and see.
Definitely don't forget Stanford, either. They played toe-to-toe with WSU, and Joe Igber from Cal has had field days with us in the past, although they look pretty bad this year.
Also keep in mind that although we had a 10 game streak in '98, they were winning barn-burner type games because the defense was not very good. No one noticed because McNown always pulled a rabbit out of his hat at the last minute and kept winning games. This year, the defense is among the best in the country, and if the offense can put up even 20 points, that's going to be a big enough lead for the defense to protect.
I have a very different feeling watching this team than I did watching the 1998 (The Cardiac Kids) team. This is a very physical team, something that is usually associated with East Coast teams. If Cory Paus can get on track, this team can go as far as it wants to.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I was skeptical at the beginning of the season as well, because we never live up to our expectations. But this is a VERY good football team. DeShaun Foster is has finally evolved into the tailback everyone thought he would be. The Oregon game is obviously going to be the toughest game of the year, and WSU and Stanford are going to be sleepers. Also, USC will do anything to take away our Rose Bowl hopes.
Poli Dixon is out 2-3 weeks with a seperated shoulder, which is too bad, because he was finally getting some confidence (for a guy with a NFL type body, he sure drops a lot of passes). Anderson came out of the game early also, but it was only cramping, so he'll be back next week. How about true freshman Matt Ware! What a player that guy is going to be!
------------------
My DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread