What's new

Describe your favourite sandwich! (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
From the "don't knock it 'til you tried it" category:

Ham, macaroni & cheese, and salsa on an onion roll.

Yum!

Jon

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Randy & Ralph,
There is a place in North Belle Vernon (Pennsylvania) that sells the same type of sandwiches as P. Brothers, but not nearly as greasy. The place is called Foster House. They use thick sliced Italian bread, the cole slaw actually has flavor to it, and the fries are not greasy at all.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

(HIGHLY RECOMMENED IF A FAN OF P. BROTHERS)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I am a big fan of Corned Beef Sandwiches.

The best one I have ever had is from the Corned Beef Academy in Philadelphia.

I usually go for the special w/ swiss, which consists of marble rye, cole slaw and russian dressing on a heaping pile of corned beef. The corned beef is cooked daily and freshly sliced for each sandwhich.

I try to get at least one of these a week during lunch at work.

J

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to Mr. Kleist for pointing out the difference between a Philly Steak-n-Cheese and a Philadelphia Cheese Steak! Jeff is right though; I've been all over the country (ok, I've been to Orlando, Boulder, Buffalo and Phoenix :rolleyes:) and several restaurants offer a "Philly Steak-and-Cheese". Some of them are quite tasty...although they don't compare to the real thing.
Another really great sandwich is a CHICKEN cheese steak! Ask your pizza place to make one for you...

(Does
still work anymore?)
I've also been known to eat peanut butter and scrambled egg sandwiches - and no, I'm not kidding.

Edit: Yep, the yummy guy still works. Haven't seen him in a while.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Gotta be peanut butter & banana for me! I take about half a banana, put it on a plate, then smush it up with a fork. Spread it over the PB, and there you have it. :D
A nice cold glass of milk is great with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks