What's new

Describe your favourite sandwich! (1 Viewer)

Frederick

Second Unit
A corned beef sandwhich on rye with a little mustard from this deli close to my job called Manny's. They put enough meat on it to make another sandwich! Paired with a potato pancake, it's pure heaven
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Freddy C.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Fridays has this great new roasted veggie sandwich....it's to die for. Peppers, zucinni, squash, etc. It also has this wonderful cheese on it that I have not been able to find in which they marinate it in Greek or Italian seasoning. Almost like feta...but it's not. It also has a snappy pesto mayo on it. Now you've gone and done it, I'm hungry!:angry:

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
A deli in Georgetown (DC) has one called "Chicken Madness" with chesse, peppers, onions, hot peppers, and bacon. Mmmm...only for special occasions.

In the words of Homer:

"Mmmm...open-faced club, sand wedge..."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Take Natalie Portmann and two slices of wheat bread... :)
Actually, I'm another Peanut Butter and Jelly fan here...I have it all the time when I'm hiking, no refridgeration needed and it's good carbs and sugar.
Two large slices of wheat bread or potato bread, Skippy SuperChunk peanut butter and Smuckers Strawberry Jelly, liberatlly applied..
Yum!
Jay

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was my college stand-by:

2 slices of toasted wheat bread both slathered with crunchy peanut butter.

2 slices of fried baloney

1 slice of American cheese

5 pickles.

MMmmmmm...

Dave George

Stunt Coordinator
The deli Chris is referring to is called Wisemiller's. I am eating a delicious chicken madness as I type this. :D
I also like peanut butter and bacon sandwiches.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
For a quick no-mess breakfast sandwich I make Peanut Butter with sliced bananas on Potato or Wheat. Good protein and vitamin injections...

I think Elvis liked these also, but he fried them. Don't wanna go like him !

For lunch, a pub near me makes a great Chicken Fajita sandwich on a toasted homemade roll.... Similar to the Chicken Madness mentioned above but with fajita seasonings.

I gotta go - rumbly in my tumbly !

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jeff A,
Living in out there in Minnesota, I have to wonder what would happen if you got your hands on the real thing :) I'm guessing you haven't because you'd know it's a cheesesteak

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Dave--I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KNOW THAT ONE :) ! I forgot the name, now that I work in Baltimore and don't get to Georgetown very often. Mmmmm...Chicken Madness...

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Peanut Butter and Mayonaise.

Sometimes I go whole hog and make a Toasted Peanut Butter, bacon, tomatoe and egg sandwich.

Bruce

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Oeanut butter and cheese? Peanut butter and mayo? Guys, I can locate some good therapists in your areas for you. :)
Me? A real tuna salad sandwich of my own making: one can of solid white tuna, completely drained and finely chopped; one and a half stalks of celery, finely diced; one and a half tablespoons of relish; one hardboiled egg, diced finely; and, finally, two tablespoons (or more) of Kraft Mayo. Mix each ingredient into the tuna as added. Serve on fresh-baked wheat or sourdough bread, with a fresh slice of Swiss, and mayo slathered on both sides of bread.
Result? Heaven on Earth. It makes for a great tuna melt, too.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Living in out there in Minnesota, I have to wonder what would happen if you got your hands on the real thing...
Jeff,

You're right I haven't had my hands on the real thing. That is exactly why I referred to it as I did. In this part of the country we give credit to Philly by including it in the title. Our version is loaded with tasty ribeye, cheese, green peppers and onions on a great crusty hardroll.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
Roast beef on toasted sourdough with sweet hot Beaver mustard, sharp cheddar cheese. Warm it up and then add lots of avocado, a little lettuce and some tomato !!!

Yeah Baby !!!

Pamela

Supporting Actor
An honest to goodness Philly Hoagie. A real Philly Cheese Steak comes in second. Since moving to L.A., I've come across nothing but pale imitations!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Put rare roastbeef (Carando is my favorite) on a gringer roll,

heat under broiler for 5 minutes until top of roll is toasted

add swiss cheese and melt under broiler for a minute or two

Take out of oven, add miracle whip and sprinkle apple cider vinegar on the toasted roll.

Ambrosia!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks