Derrida

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Grant B, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Engineering and Philosophy go together like ketchup on ice cream and since I am an engineer I am a little confused about this guy.
    I have watched an hour of the documentary of Derrida and all I know is I would never want to be stuck in an elevator with him.
    No matter how trivial of a question he needs to back it up to a point and put conditions on it to where I would like to see the lady filmmaker bitch slap him.
    This could go in the Film section....but it's more about the 'genuis'. Is he just screwing with the filmakers or is he just way to into himself and never says anything?

I hate to stop films midway but this guy is annoying me as I am sure you can't tell.
    I can see why they call it deconstruction

2. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

Speaking as an engineering major with a philosophy background...
    I can't put it better than the Onion headline

The man was just full of s***. Period.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Thanks so much!
    Nice combo, I was in the Conservatory of Music & the Engineering School for 3 years; also worlds apart.

I ended up sticking it back in the Netflicks envelope after he went on & on about some inane question....which he never answered.

You hit it on the nose

4. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

If nothing means anything, then neither did Derrida, or our comments about him.

WAKING LIFE makes me dizzy. [​IMG]

5. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Well they made a documentry about him...unfortunately he was in it and ruined it.
    From what I saw in the documentry he somehow made a good living..... Maybe if he had to say,'would you like french fries....I mean pomme frites with that order' his attitude would of changed.
    But he is dead so who gives a crap