Derek Trucks Band on HDNet

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ron Reda, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

I caught this airing last night and it will knock your socks off. You don't need to be a DTB fan to enjoy this...it's that good and is a great representation of what it feels like to be at one of their shows. It's also nice to hear the band in 5.1 and check out the show in hi-def. Here's the description from HDNet:

Songlines Live - Caught live in Chicago at the famed Park West, The Derek Trucks Band performs the tracks from their newest album, Songlines. Featuring the continually inventive young guitarist Derek Trucks and the soulful and eclectic ensemble that carries his name. The roots of The Derek Trucks Band live are manifest in the breadth and scope of several brand-new DTB compositions including the Hammond organ-driven "I'll Find My Way," the spiritually yearning "This Sky," and the hypnotic instrumental "Mahjoun". This band covers a breadth of music experiences from jazz, rock and world music.

Here's the schedule link: http://www.hd.net/program_search_res...ttosearch=both

Oh yeah, BTW...it's also coming out on DVD on 7/11! [​IMG]

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Caught a couple minutes of this last night, and immediately set my HD Tivo to grab the next broadcast. I was absolutely floored when I saw the ABB w/Trucks on a DirectTV Freeview a while back (the Beacon Theater show, maybe?).

He is an incredible player.

Brian

3. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Oh yeah, BTW...it's also coming out on DVD on 7/11! [​IMG]

I bet that was awesome! I'm going to see DTB open for the ABB this summer!

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

I am giving this a bump so that are fellow HTF brethren get another shot to track this down.

I am only through the 1st half of the show, and all I can say is "Holy Sh*t". I have never seen anyone play slide like this. Stunning. Jaw dropping. I have never seen film of Duane, but watching Derek, it really makes a case for belief in reincarnation!

Brian

5. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    Thanks guys, I have never heard of Derek Trucks but have it set to record. There were also some other concerts for the 4th of July on HDNet, all of the artists unknown to me. Are any of the others any good?

Chris

6. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

The Black Crowes one is pretty good, but DTB just gave me the chills. I saw them at the Georgia Theatre a few months back and they blew me away. From a musical standpoint, it was easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. I think they played for like 3 hours.