What's new

Deposit on pre-release games (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
Now that I have a GameCube it is killing me not to go to EB and put down $5 so I can get in on release date. Who else does or wants to do this for this or any other game?

Am I crazy?? And if I am, am I alone?

Shaun Gonzalez

Auditioning
For the most part, it's not really necessary to put down a preorder, unless the place is offering some neat extra for it (soundtrack CD, T-shirt, etc). 9 times out of 10, if my local EB/Gamestop/etc doesn't have the game I'm looking for, the local Kmart/Target/Walmart/etc will have about 50 copies.

Damien

Supporting Actor
you should only preorder if you want to make sure you don't spend the money on something else or possibly get the game on the shipping date. otherwise it is not neccesary at all.

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
The only reason I pre-order online at EB, and Gamestop is because I don't want to drive all around town looking for a game that is supposed to be out, but no one has until 3 or 4 days after the ship date.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Let's see, I can go to the mall and put down $5 to reserve a game, or do it for nuthin' at the same company's website...

I'll do it if there is some free swag, but otherwise there are a lot of other stores that will get the same game on the same day.

-Dave

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I always pick up my games from the same independent video game shop and I never pre-order. I have yet to walk away without the game I was looking for (unless I decide to buy something else when I get there). I do call ahead though as I hate wasting my time.

Chris

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i usually dont preorder, but for games like SOCOM, Madden, and the network adapter I made sure to. Ive gone to EB and been able to pick up like the last or 2nd to last copy of a game, and they usually scowl when I say i didnt preorder, but they still give me on. I guess Ive been lucky, but I didnt want to take any chances with the above mentioned items.

i dont really see what the big deal is to drop down 5 bucks, just for piece of mind to know that you will be garuanteed a copy on release date.

i remember back when PS2 came out, I was sure to preorder very very early. SO i was like number 20 or something, and we all remember the PS2 shortage. Well, the people called me from EB and asked if I would volunteer to be bumped further down the list so other people could have a chance to get the system, and I was like "uhhh why? why would I do that?" and the guy really didnt answer the question. Then he tried to make me feel quilty for not doing it by saying, "Well, yeah myself and all the employees were kind enough to take our names off the list so more people could get one." and i was like "Ahh well thanks for that, but I still want mine on day 1!" I still dont understand why they did that...mind boggling.

Andre F

Screenwriter
The only reason I pre-order online at EB, and Gamestop is because I don't want to drive all around town looking for a game that is supposed to be out, but no one has until 3 or 4 days after the ship date.
That's the reason I pre-order on all the BIG (read SMS). I've been caught waiting for a few games in the past and I didn't like that feeling. I tried the online route and got the game like a week late. So I figure while I'm out at the mall it's easy to put $5.00 down and then I'm guaranteed a copy. Works for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks