What's new

Depeche Mode (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Is it just me or is their latest album a bit, well dull i suppose? Having followed them for nigh on 15 years i had high hopes for Exciter. To be fair tracks like Dream On and I Feel Loved i really like but there's too many slow tracks on the album for my taste. Saw them live 3 weeks ago here in the UK and have to say the gig was just good but nowhere near as entertaining as back in 94 with the Devotional tour. This time round they played more slower tracks than usual, i mean they performed them superbly but just made the concert a bit flat. Old faves like Enjoy The Silence, Never Let Me Down Again and Personal Jesus sounded fantastic as usual but performing tracks like Sister Of Night, Clean, Waiting For The Night, Freelove etc. just kept the crowd quiet for longer than usual.
Just read that they have filmed material for an Exciter Tour DVD.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I'm really hoping that "101" will eventually be released on dvd. That was really their heyday.
------------------

Fredrik E

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think they have done anything good since "Violator".
I think "Songs of faith and devotion" was a big letdown for us old fans.
Their material doesn't sound "electronic" enough anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks