What's new

Depeche Mode Devotional (1 Viewer)

I think this title was supposed to be available a week ago but it's not yet here in Montreal and at theCNL. Is it in the USA ? And did someone wrote a review somewhere ?

DavidKNML

Agent
Its out in the US. A few people in the Music Area have discussed it. I'll be picking it up myself soon.

Michael Hedman

Auditioning
The offical site said on the 20th: "Devotional is out today (tomorrow in U.S., and slightly later in other territories)". You can find a review on www . depeche-mode . com.

Does anybody know if the R2 version suffers from PAL speedup or if they fixed that in telecine?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
cool...another dvd set to add to my collection!

ain't dm just the world's best band? true that! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
I agree... I remember talking to Anton Corbijin about this concert DVD a few years ago, and he said it's coming...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I worked at a movie theater with the guy (Philip Smoot) who did the projections on this tour- his name is in the end credits (on the laserdisc at least, haven't seen the DVD). He was a strange old guy, he offed himself later on :confused:

I found other infos and it seems that it is widescreen (don't know the exact ratio) but it's not anamorphic... And since I'm watching my dvds on a 96 inches screen, well I don't know. I'll probably end up buying this dvd anyway. I saw DM 5 times and bought at least 3 t-shirts. So that is a lot cheaper that the rest.

AnitaPeterson

Stunt Coordinator
Met Corbijin at the June 2001 DM concert in Ottawa... one of the occasions where I congratulated myself for buying a MD recorder :)

Now, Devotional is not the best DM concert, it was filmed during Dave Gahan's peak of drug addiction, and the band was falling apart. I'd love to see a full, uncut "Live in Hamburg" DVD, since that was much more powerful. But hey! at least DM is coming to DVD little by little, and I hope the "Strange" movies would follow suit ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks