What's new

Dentyne Fire Commerical (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Boy, I'd love to hear what our European membership thinks of this commercial (I'm sure it would be along the lines of "rather tame commercial"). :D

Didn't bother me when I saw it, doesn't bother me now.

Of course, I'm not one bit motivated to buy that gum, so the question has to arise as to how effective that commercial actually is...

JamieD

Supporting Actor

The minute anyone actually does that, most ad agencies will be out of work, and we might actually get useful ads that explain what the heck we'd want the product for instead of being clever.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ress_indecencyI agree to an extent, but as Chris points out, who's to say what's considered "appropriate"?

But this also means we can't have just "Anything" put on the air because there has to be some sort of line that gets crossed.

Follow me closely on this one because it's kind of hard to explain:

I think the "appropriate" line is the point where the majority believes it to be "no longer appropriate". Just because YOU feel it is ok, doesn't mean it's "appropriate" and this is where a lot of these debates get blurred.

This is kind of what this whole thread was about. I don't really feel it is exactly/100% "inappropriate", but I do see where a lot of people may take offense...and for that fact alone, I feel it has now become "inappropriate" (again, even though I may not feel that it is).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I saw this commercial during "24" last night and noticed that they cut the shirt coming off. Anyone notice this?

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I watched it on the website. Thought it was pretty funny. Kids looked college age to me. They were dressed too nice to be in HS.

I bought some of the gum and gave it to my wife. Doesn't seem to work.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Not to derail this post but:

I did not know they are back on, what station? Or, is it satellite?

EDIT: they are on XM, good to know but not sure I will ever go satellite radio?

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I thought it was funny. The point of the ad was that the gum is so irrestistible that the girl threw herself on the guy right in front of her parents. The mother's reaction makes it even funnier.

Am I the only person on Earth not offended by much I see on TV?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Not offending, just seems like a poor attempt to sell gum, come on, it doesnt really happen when you chew it, but I bet some will think so, duh!:thumbsdown:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, can you imagine if nudity were allowed on tv in America? Every commercial from Cars to rice cakes would show a nude woman just to try and sell their product. What ever happened to just making a good product and letting it sell itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks