What's new

Dentist sues Disney/Pixar for Finding Nemo (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In a project during my first grade in highschool, I wrote a little essay about someone who loved his animals. It was read out loud by the teacher.
One of the boys in that classroom later became a highshot at a movie studio. I myself became a medical doctor, now retired. If one so wishes, one could say I'm not working very hard anymore now.

What do I see next? They bring out a DVD called Dr. Dolittle!
And a second one! And before that a movie, grossing millions! Apparently this is even going on for a long time already.

Every detail I mentioned above is in that movie! That guy must have told 'em everything! This is no longer coincidental!! Furthermore, I find the title insulting me to the extreme!

I'm going to sue them, they owe me a lot!

Cees

PS: Ha, ha, they never made me sign a restricting contract! Bill Gates, make room on that list!
C.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Bring it on Ernest!

Naah, these debates never go anywhere, since it all boils down to belief in the end, anyway.

Speaking for myself, I am open to the idea that people in Disney's story department knew about Kimba and maybe paid homage to it with that "Father in the Sky" bit, but when you break Bambi and The Lion King down, they're so similar that to take the leap that the entire Lion King project was a conspiracy to rip off Kimba is the stuff of internet urban legends.

BAMBI
* Summer/Opening shot of the forest
* Animals journey to see the New Prince
* Bambi learns to speak, meets his friends
* Rain storm
* Walk with Mother/the Facts of Life
* The Meadow and Danger
* On the Meadow with Faline
* March of the Stags
* The Great Prince
* Man in the Forest/Stampede/Bambi Trapped/Saved by Father
* Late Fall/Bambi Walks Through a World in Transition
* Winter/Bambi & Snow/Bambi & Ice/Hibernation
* No Food: Suffering and Starvation
* Death of Bambi's Mother
* Spring/Transition to Young Adult
* Twitterpated/Thumper and Flower Meet their Mates
* Bambi meets the Adult Faline
* Bambi Challenged by Ronno for Faline/Bambi Throws Ronno off Cliff
* Love Song "I Bring You a Song"
* Man Returns/Base Camp
* Hunter Assault
* Dogs Pursue Faline/Faline Trapped by Cliff Face/Recused by Bambi/Bambi Struggles Up Cliff Face
* Bambi Shot
* Forest Fire/Bambi Motivated by his Father to Stand Up Despite his Wound/Escaping the Fire
* Charred Forest Gives Way to Reborn Forest
* Thumper, Flower, and Bambi are Fathers
* Bambi Proudly Stands on Cliff Promitory as his Father Did Before Him, Bambi Now the Great Prince of the Forest

THE LION KING
* Summer/Opening shot of the veldt
* Animals journey to see the New (Lion) Prince
* Conflict with Scar and Mufasa
* Rain storm / Rafiki Adds Simba to the Mural
* Walk with Father/the Facts of Life
* Scar Tricks Simba into Visiting The Elephant Graveyard
* At the Graveyard with Nala
* Hyenas Pursue Nala and Simba/Simba Fights the Hyenas/Trapped by Cliff Face/Rescued by Father
* Scolding of Simba/The Great Kings of the Past
* Scar's Evil Vision
* Scar Tricks Simba/Stampede/Simba Trapped/Saved by Father
* Death of Simba's Father
* Exile/Suffering and Starvation
* Timon and Pumba Find Simba/Restore his Health
* Turn Your Back: "Hakuna Matata"
* Spring/Transition to Young Adult
* Simba meets the Adult Nala
* Love Song "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"
* Psychological Hurt/Rafiki Finds Simba
* Simba Motivated by his Father to Stand Up Despite his Psychological Wound
* Simba Returns to Pride Rock
* Scar Challenged by Simba/Grass Fire
* Hyena Assualt/Simba Throws Scar off Cliff
* Charred Veldt Gives Way to Reborn Veldt
* Simba becomes a Faher
* Simba Proudly Stands on Cliff Promitory as his Father Did Before Him, Simba Now the King of the Jungle

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Nicely done! Now I certainly hope you are working on the Gilligan / Lawrence comparison. :D

Just messin' with you.

Peace,

DM

Gregory Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
We may not know a lot from the story, but it's what's missing that makes me believe this is pretty weak. When you issue a press release like this, you're going to present your strongest evidence to sway public opinion. The fact that they don't mention anything about the plot of "Peanut Butter the Jelly Fish" leads me to believe that there must be no similarities in the plot. If there were, they would have mentioned them.

Other than that, there isn't much. A character with a name that sounds the same but is spelled differently. They don't mention anything about the character in the story, so I'm guessing there isn't much similarity. Since they just said that is "contains a character named Nimo" there's a good chance it isn't even a major character. The sea turtles is a pretty general concept as well.

The best you might argue is that they were inspired to include a scuba diving dentist after talking to a scuba diving dentist, but, since that isn't actually from his script, I don't think they can be sued for that.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Besides that, when setting a story in the oceans, having a character named "Nemo" isn't exactly the most unprecedented event in the history of mankind. Does he have a character named "Neptoon" as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks