What's new

Denon's Integrated Amp (PMA-2000 Mk IV R) (1 Viewer)

Mark All

Second Unit
I noticed recently that Denon has introduced a new integrated amplifier to the U.S. market. The following link is to Denon's information sheet:

PMA-2000 Mk IV R

I think it's interesting that Denon is getting back into this two-channel oriented market in the U.S. market. At $1200 retail the amp seems to significantly undercut comparable products price-wise from "high-end" companies. Things I noticed about this amp are its ability to double its output from 80 wpc into 8 ohm loads to 160 wpc into 4 ohm loads, all analog inputs, a MM plus MC phono stage built in, heavy duty construction puts its weight at 52 lbs, dual power transformers, and it can be used as a separate power amp with a separate preamplifier as well.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on one of these amps. I'm assuming that since this is the Mark IV version, there must have been earlier versions available in Europe or Asia. I'm considering buying one to use with two channel SACD/CD and a turntable.

Scott_N

Second Unit
There are quite a few good integrated amps in that price range like Unison and Creek so I would try and auditon a few integrateds before buying the Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks