What's new

Denon's AVR2803 Cedia press release! (1 Viewer)

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Greg,
I know many people that use A speakers for theaters and B speakers for their living room. I know more people who use front A & B speakers than people who would use the dual surround speaker mode.
I for one don't have the room for 2 surround speaker pairs. I had to shoe horn the surround back speakers behind my couch. I agree that it can be more flexible to your likes with the dual surround speaker mode. I just feel more people use the A & B front speakers. In fact, my friend would not have bought my Yamaha RX-V793 if it didn't have 2 sets of front speaker outputs since he used one set in his family room and another in his living room.
The Zone 2 outputs are shared with the back surround speaker outputs. You can't use them both since they share the same speaker output posts. If you use the Zone 2 speaker outputs, your stuck to 5.1 and can't use 7.1 .
However you can use the Zone 2 preamp outputs independently but you'll need another receiver or amp. Myself, I found it simpler and cheaper just to put separate equipment in my bedroom instead of using the zone 2 audio preamp outputs and video outputs that I have on both my Yamaha RX-V2095 and newer Denon AVR-3803.
If you use the dual surround mode, I'd go with the AVR-3803 then. It's not an upgrade unless you build on what you had, not take away.
Good luck.:emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Having played with the 2803, it does not have the output of the 3803or rxv1300, and the 24/96 downgrade may make me think twice, besides there are more than a few avr1082's beginning to show up again at b&m retailers for @ $699-$749.........I had switched between many rcvrs pushing the new Omni Bookshelves from Mirage ,which need a little juice.The 3802/1082/3803 and up seem to be the denon's that do them justice....

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
Having played with the 2803
I wasn't aware that this model had already been released. It's seems with the added weight, that the power supply and amp sections were upgraded from the AVR-2802. I'm surprised the output wasn't better. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks