What's new

Denon3801 or Onkyo787 (1 Viewer)

MarlonT

Grip
Need your expert advise here. Local stores was offering $900 for Denon3801 (new) and other store has an Onkyo787 (open box) which will be around $800 or less. I been trying to work their prices down since both are closely price to get a better deal. We been comparing this too unit for awhile now and they seems to have pretty much same features. Something tells me to go w/ cheaper unit and saves $$$. Help!
Then there this DPL2 that people/industry are talking about and Denon will be coming out of its new model 3802 w/c no one knows when but should I wait for it and pass this good deal?
Thanks everyone.
[Edited last by MarlonT on July 17, 2001 at 01:22 PM]

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
It's good to wait for the new models.. it always is. If you don't like the value they offer, the current models will still be available at a much discounted price.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

MarshawnM

Stunt Coordinator
Marlon,
To add to your sleepless nights is this, Onkyo will release the 797 this fall! It will have more power than the 787, DTS-ES AND THX-SX and still do HD switching (which the 3801 cant), Dolby Pro Logic II, all for about the same price as the current 787! I would wait, plus with the holidays coming up, you'll be able to nearly steal the 3801 (which is a killer piece as well) or 787! Good luck!
Marshawn

MarlonT

Grip
Now it's all confusing, wait...good deal...new models...
DPL2...etc...etc...
So basically no one has carries this new MODELS yet?

John Cain

Second Unit
They are selling the Denon 3801 at Wal-Mart now.
Maybe you can get a better deal on it, if they reduce the price, it is currently 959.00 I believe.
-- John
------------------

TomH

Second Unit
Both of those prices seem a bit steep for last year's models. Now may be the best time to wait with new models from nearly everyone due by the end of summer.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks